lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buggies Unlimited High Step V-Glide Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
So true! I think that a lot of changes are made just to prevent improper operation, and I am not singling out just kids!
I worked on one CC that the owner was using the throttle pedal to hold the cart on a hill. We know what the end result of that was! Getting the person to understand that this was harmful was a task for me! "Well, I do it all the time in my car", was what he told me. I had to block the wheels on the cart and hold the pedal a little to show him that the resistors will get red hot if you do this! He now understands and is having no problems with his cart. What I find sad is that the shop he was taking his cart to didn't tell him this! He told me that before he had moved to this area, he had replaced several resistors and the board.
And his car is due for a transmission. What does he think the brakes are for?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
And his car is due for a transmission. What does he think the brakes are for?
He has since quit doing that in his car as well. Here there aren't really steep hills, so I don't think he has damaged his car, at least the fluid looks and smells Ok. He admitted to me that it was just being lazy and that there is nothing wrong with the brakes in either vehicle. He now realizes that it will definitely hurt the cart and could cause a fire! I've held my hand down in between the resistor coils and the batteries and even under normal use the heat is incredible! I would think if pushed hard the battery cases could melt! There is a heat shield over the coils, but there is not one for the batteries. These carts were definitely designed with a duty cycle!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Something different about this thread, it was much more interesting before, lol.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car