lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #11
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car dies intermittently

Have not tried a new solenoid. Just trying to narrow it down a little beforehand. Really strange because it has been good for almost a month and I have been on some fairly long rides.
jacksrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #12
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Solenoids are relatively cheap, cost wise. I have had carts in the past, that had issues somewhat like you are describing. After pulling my hair out, and once I knew for sure the batteries were good, I changed the solenoid. Many times that was the fix I needed.

If you ever get a chance to look inside one, you will see where the bottom of the large contacts get pitted,and sometimes the juice will get thru the carbon/ pits, and sometimes not.

I think D&D motors website has an awesome detailed section with pictures of the solenoids and resistors, etc.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #13
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The solenoid should not click twice should it? It should click once and the cart moves and then I assume it clicks again when you let off the pedal to break the circuit. This one is clicking 2 times each time. One immediately after the other. Also like I said in weird pedal positions.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #14
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do you know how to bypass your mcor, using a paperclip?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #15
curtinaround
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Do you know how to bypass your mcor, using a paperclip?
I was going to say, my ds did something like this. Hit the juice & would move then stop. It would do it again & 3rd try ran fine. Stop for a while then started all over. Be going then jerky a few times. Searched & came up with 2 solutions,the paper clip test & put in run mode, turn key on leaving in neutral & stand on go pedal. I never got around to the paper clip, the neutral thing proved to work every time. Lead me to mcor. I contacted Tahoe Dawg & being the cool dude he is he hooked me up w/the part # for the mcor4 & conversion kit for the 05, I had it in hand 1 hr later. Put it on this afternoon & now its fixed. Hope this helps.
curtinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #16
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think I understand the paperclip test. Take the 2 pin connector off the mcor and short across it. Should engage the solenoid. Pressing the pedal should then vary the speed I would assume? It will jack it up and give it a try. If shorting the connector always works but the clicking microswitch does not then it is a mcor problem?
Old 04-10-2014, 06:48 AM   #17
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Curtinaround what is the neutral thing you are talking about? Don't understand that one.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #18
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok I did the paper clip test. When the paper clip is in the 2 pin mcor connector and I press go the wheels always turn and speed up as the pedal is depressed. When the 2 pin connector is plugged in the mcor they do not turn or they try to turn. I assume this means there is a problem with the microswitch side of the mcor or could it be something else? I am including a picture of the mcor if anyone has a good used one or knows the best place to get one. Thanks again

Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #19
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car dies intermittently (added pic)

Just drove it with paper clip. Seems mcor is the problem for sure.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #20
curtinaround
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksrg View Post
Curtinaround what is the neutral thing you are talking about? Don't understand that one.
I've been looking for the post but I can't find it. I don't know what is in the mcor but it said turn key on, leave in neutral & hit accelerator for a few seconds. If the cart goes as normal its the mcor. Sorry I couldn't find the post. I think I'll take a look inside the old mcor to see whats inside.
curtinaround is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 precedent, dies, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car