lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Skizix's EZ-GO Workhorse build

Hello all. Thought I'd share some photos from my build. Its been a learning experience for sure.

♫ Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way....♫
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3333.jpeg (206.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 2d2dd22.jpeg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 8d8d8d8.jpeg (129.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 22222cc.jpeg (150.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 1v1v1v1.jpeg (170.5 KB, 0 views)
Skizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Skizix's EZ-GO Workhorse build

On goes the 6" jakes lift and the stereo & speakers I got on Amazon. Decent little setup for $50. Sounds great. Tried to wrap it. What a disaster. Went to plastidip. Not happy. I'll be pulling it off and giving her an honest paint job. Next, I need to fab the struts to fit the 80" roof I picked up on Craigslist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg f8f88f8f.jpeg (160.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 5f5f55f5f.jpeg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 7d7d7d7d.jpeg (147.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 555445.jpg (196.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 777777.jpg (141.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cheapest replacement mat I found online was $100 after shipping. Found an SUV trimmable matt for $18. Worked perfect. Shot all the plastics and rockers with truck bed liner. Next, shoot the dump bed and figure a way to mount a rear seat in it.

Thanks to all on this site for your insight and technical help making the build possible. Havin a ball and I'm only out of pocket $1,600 to date (Cart $550, wheels $300, Lift $359, paint/parts...).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image5252.jpg (98.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5854515.jpg (110.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 55555555.jpg (155.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-19-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Coming along nice.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm just launching a 2006 Workhorse project myself, nice ... Been there done that on the wrap, too - my last ST350 build was originally planned to be camo but once I got to the "grille" I just had to give up - I've resigned myself to paint from this time forward as we have a place that dips here in WI but the cost is crazy. I ended up selling that cart before I was done with the paint (the guy who bought it was a bodyman) and have been looking for another since (until last week, that is) ... Here's the new '06 project as it sits, I have the engine ready for removal (bought a brand new high-perf 375cc/14.4hp that arrives tomorrow) and I also pulled the driven clutch for some work, going to put 8:1 gears in it while it's apart too (I have a 97 TXT with a built 350, 28deg clutch and 6:1 gears that I can easily blow by 40mph with, climbs and pulls like crazy too, even w the gearing so I'm going to do the same with this one only a better motor and slightly taller gearing)

I'm gathering the pics together and will do a thread soon, in the meanwhile, this is the 2001 I was talking about that I did awhile back, I actually think these things look GOOD in primer, LOL (the new one is getting a Hot Rod Flatz Urethane job, Matte Daytona Blue)

Still haven't figured out the lift and tires scenario yet, I wasn't thrilled with the spindle lift and I would like more clearance than the drop axle gives - Long-travel gets kinda spendy though and I want to keep the build under $3k total if I can ... Nice Job so far, keep us posted !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Bokeasmowl. BrewCity, Beautiful job on the prior Horse and the 06 looks very clean. Nice foundation. I'm jealous as most of the work I've done to date was due to rust remediation and dent pounding. I would love to squeeze some top end and a little more power out of my 350cc. I'm getting about 19 to 20 mph as it sits without messing with the gov. The clutch and gear combo sounds like the way to go. If I had to start with one which would you recommend? I too would like a little more clearance in hindsight but as you mentioned the long travel lift will break the bank.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I have a 97 TXT that I generally use to "set the bar" on builds, LOL - its' got a 350 engine with 295 heads, advanced timing, bored, jetted and polished carb, Zemco header ... I'm basically going to do the same with this one although I am going with a 375 Motor to start with so I should get a couple of ponies there ... As to clutches and gearing, that cart has the 28deg driven with 6:1 gears and blows by 40MPH easily on midsized tires, with 22's or 23's I'm sure it would add another few MPH but I like the "Street" look with that particular cart

With the 6:1 and the 28deg, the cart can and will actually accelerate UPHILL with 2 riders, it's a nice balance - I'm going 8:1 on this new build though, as I plan on running 23's at a minimum and I live at an old Ski Resort so I always have to factor in some pretty ridiculous hills ... If You're mostly riding on the flat or semi-hilly stuff, I'd go for the 6:1, You can always bump up the driven clutch spring and/or run an undersized belt if You end up wanting a little extra "oomph"
Old 05-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #8
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice. I'm in South Florida so the only hills I encounter are the occasional bridge or retired landfill turned park.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

definitely go 6:1 gears with either a 28deg driven clutch or at least a stiffer spring, You'll love it. The cart above can break the tires loose on dry pavement, it's a BLAST !!!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
Skizix
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Tags
4-stroke, ez-go, ezgo, rebuild, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO