lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #131
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New CC Onward

I had the dual action on my last CP, and they worked great. No load they felt like a regular stock spring, and under a load they compressed and stiffened up

We all most never have anyone on the back seat, so I'll be going to a lighter spring myself.

Ping just a FYI, I just sold a 2017 Yamaha PTV, and dropped down their their lightest rear spring which was a gas, went through 2 lift kits and 3 sets of tires all in 6 months, and sold it. I hated the tight/stiff right on it. This cart is a pleasure to ride around in, straight out of the factory. You can't even compare the 2 rides
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #132
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
I had the dual action on my last CP, and they worked great. No load they felt like a regular stock spring, and under a load they compressed and stiffened up

We all most never have anyone on the back seat, so I'll be going to a lighter spring myself.

Ping just a FYI, I just sold a 2017 Yamaha PTV, and dropped down their their lightest rear spring which was a gas, went through 2 lift kits and 3 sets of tires all in 6 months, and sold it. I hated the tight/stiff right on it. This cart is a pleasure to ride around in, straight out of the factory. You can't even compare the 2 rides
I concur on the stiff ride of the G29, especially after a lithium pack upgrade and losing 300#, which is all I have dealt with on the G29. The only solution was to use the gas shocks which were free to me and brand new, but it is still a stiff ride. If a coil over could be found that would give correct ride height but have softer shock, then maybe an ok ride. Just haven't found them. The last Yammy I built, the guy moved from an old DS to this one so definitely a stiff ride for him to get used to on the golf course. Lower air pressure helped, 10-12#.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #133
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yes I agree, I ran my 22" tires at 10-12 psi , and put brand new shock in the rear from a gas cart, and couldn't take the stiff ride any longer

I'm ordering the dual action springs now for the Onward, but the ride on this is no where as stiff as the Drive / Drive2 PTV, as I had both
Old 01-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #134
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
Yes I agree, I ran my 22" tires at 10-12 psi , and put brand new shock in the rear from a gas cart, and couldn't take the stiff ride any longer

I'm ordering the dual action springs now for the Onward, but the ride on this is no where as stiff as the Drive / Drive2 PTV, as I had both

I’m curious to see how you like the dual action springs. That may be the best solution for me with the lithium pack now installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #135
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had them on our 2015 club president.
They ride like a stock Spring.
A lot better than the heavy duty Springs

If you look up there are a bunch of threads on them
Old 01-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #136
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New CC Onward

My only concern is they might still be too stiff since my cart is now 300+lb lighter.

I need to get some stock non HD springs just to try them.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #137
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I have been building my Precedent for a while. Finally got it mostly done. I have the Onward rear flares which look great. Actually I look like I raided the Club Car accessories catalog. Hey, most of the parts were cheaper and I liked some of it. Anyway, I've decided I am going to have to find a way to get ahold of the Onward front cowl. It may take time but i'll find it.

Dave, I tried the front XF flares. They look fugly with the Onward rears. Problem is they are too wide. That would be ok but it's the way they flare out. It was worth a shot. The cart looks fine with the Onward rears and nothing up front. Still like the Onward more.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #138
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter99 View Post
So I have been building my Precedent for a while. Finally got it mostly done. I have the Onward rear flares which look great. Actually I look like I raided the Club Car accessories catalog. Hey, most of the parts were cheaper and I liked some of it. Anyway, I've decided I am going to have to find a way to get ahold of the Onward front cowl. It may take time but i'll find it.

Dave, I tried the front XF flares. They look fugly with the Onward rears. Problem is they are too wide. That would be ok but it's the way they flare out. It was worth a shot. The cart looks fine with the Onward rears and nothing up front. Still like the Onward more.

Allegedly you need a serial number to order the front body. I’ve posted mine already. One potential snafu could be if ordered under my serial number it might show up in platinum grey or whatever my cart’s color is called. Who knows if you could order one of the other colors.... don’t forget the headlights too as they are very specific to the Onward.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #139
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

E36Racer I appreciate that. It's not going to matter what color it is i'll have to have it painted to match. I got the metallic brown painted Club Car body.

Definitely need the lights as well as the brush guard and flares. I doubt it comes with the brackets either. My guess is around $600 but there is a chance it may be less. I may see if I can get a dealer to get a price. I don't think Dave can or I would ask him.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:31 PM   #140
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter99 View Post
E36Racer I appreciate that. It's not going to matter what color it is i'll have to have it painted to match. I got the metallic brown painted Club Car body.

Definitely need the lights as well as the brush guard and flares. I doubt it comes with the brackets either. My guess is around $600 but there is a chance it may be less. I may see if I can get a dealer to get a price. I don't think Dave can or I would ask him.
Hunter,
I would encourage you to take a look at the Alpha front cowlings too. Likely less expensive for just the front cowling and IMO look better and beefier than the Onward cowlings. And they have LED lights with signals built in. Did one recently that you see in my avatar.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car