lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2021, 03:50 PM   #1
Little_boodah
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default I slapped in a lithium and now my headlights/tail lights/ radio isn’t working

I’m stumped and I really don’t want to take it to a shop So I’ve been trying to trouble shoot my carts problem, but my problem is idk what on earth I’m doing….

So I’ve got a 2006 club car ds with a extreme team carts battery. It had a working radio, headlights/tail lights, and a brake lights kit. There is also a 48>12v reducer. So I was thinking well I’ll just hook it up to the 48 volt side annnnddd boom…. All of my lights exploded… 😵*💫 let’s move pass my ignorance for a second. I tested all of my electrical points and I’ve got twelve volts at my brake light silinoid. And when I hook up my wires to the 48 volts I have 48 volts at my tail and headlights…. But when I hook them up on the 12v side of the battery there’s nothings… and this is where the trouble begins. Any ideas on what I should begin to do? Rewire my lights? Take it to a pro?

I looked at a diagram for wiring in lights and I thought maybe I’ll start there. Wire the lights as if they were the only thing and then wire all the other goodies in but I feel like I may be over looking something silly. Like maybe I don’t need a reducer with the lithium on board reducer?

Like I said idk what to do and looking for some help
Little_boodah is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car