lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #21
fishsticker
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium Nissan Leaf conversion x 2

I believe you would see a big increase if you bumped up the cut off voltage. Kill anything lately?

We have smoked about 40 hogs this year and a bunch of other outlaw quadrupeds........
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #22
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

not much got a 5pt at end of archery and a turkey beginning of muzzle loader.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #23
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Jim, any updates on your batteries and how they've held up without the BMS? Have you been able to calculate what your average Ah reading is when you're at 20%SOC? Any problems with your 7s2p set up? Thanks!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #24
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Jim, any updates on your batteries and how they've held up without the BMS? Have you been able to calculate what your average Ah reading is when you're at 20%SOC? Any problems with your 7s2p set up? Thanks!
Since I hadn't checked the voltage lately, I went out just per your post and checked them. Ea on read 7.79

No I havn't gotten the JDL hooked up yet. I was going to when I finished my friends cart, while all I did was fresh on the brain, but havn't yet
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #25
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

What do you figure the amp hour rating drop will do on this system compared to wet cell? I may be confused, but my Ranger 160's get me that much range already on a 48v Precedent. Will be interesting to find out how much distance increases over the old batteries will these batteries provide considering the 500lb weight loss alone.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #26
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
Since I hadn't checked the voltage lately, I went out just per your post and checked them. Ea on read 7.79

No I havn't gotten the JDL hooked up yet. I was going to when I finished my friends cart, while all I did was fresh on the brain, but havn't yet

Seems using a lithium pack after being carefully bottom balanced without a BMS has been going good. Interesting to know! I'll keep that in mind for the future.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:02 PM   #27
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Kind of irrelevant, but this thread seems to be where the lithium battery pros are.
I'm thinking about importing some pre made lithium packs from china.
What is the best charge and discharge rate for golf cart applications.
Thanks, Muddog
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #28
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Can't answer that without knowing what kind of lithium cells you are talking about. Different lithium cell types require different BMS, Charge, Discharge specs. Most of us here have been using cells from a Nissan Leaf. That data is widely published. They are charged to 4.2V per cell with CC/CV charge profile. Chargers range from 10 to 20 amps charge rate - limited mostly by the standard wall outlet not the batteries. My charger runs at 18 amps in the CC phase and my batteries are about 120AH. (2 60AH in parallel)
You need to get specs and a proper BMS designed for the cells you are using.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #29
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Okay. I am really intrigued with this set up. Is a DIY kit that is somewhat plug and play that I can handle and if so, what would up front cost be? I would be putting in an 2001 Ds IQ system cart. All stock original.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #30
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Klubber, do a lot of searching on BGW for more info on a lithium conversion. It's a little more than plug-n-play and if you're not sure of what your doing the results could be catastrophic.

Look through threads by sportscoup, fishsticker and pingeye for starters.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car