lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Aldo
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 EZGO help a newbie?

New to the board. I'm Old hand at wrenching and troublshooting.
But I went bought a cart without knowing a **** thing about 2 strokes or carts. Now I'm kink of stuck.
The cart sat for 2+ years. I went through cleaning most of the externals.
New plug, solenoid, fuel, fuel line and filter.
Drive wheels in the air. I've got it cranking good forward and reverse. I can see fuel sort of lamely getting to the filter. Good vacuum at carb mount when cranking. So i shot some fogging spray in and it started. Still not getting enough fuel. poored some sea foam in the carb and it ran on that for a minute. There is something that the fuel line goes to before the carb that looks like it might be a fuel pump, sort of a diafram round with about 8 -10 screws. Is that a fuel pump?
Can they be cleaned? Tested? readily available if it has to be replaced?
Could it do what I'm describing or is it some other thing and im way off base.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 1984 EZGO help a newbie?

Yes that is the fuel pump.....not sure if it can be rebuilt but you could use a low pressure electric pump. Have you checked the carb bowl to see if it has any gunk built up in it from setting?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
Aldo
Not Yet Wild

Now that i look at the path from the tank, gravity wouldnt put anything in the filter would it. I will pull the carb bowl off in the am. Thanks for the assist.
Any recommended website for parts for the old thing. maybe a dash and....
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I don't know that dashes are made for those older models. Try East Coast Custom Carts, Inc (it's a banner ad on some of the pages here) or Cart Parts Plus (also a banner ad).
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #5
Dero
Gone Wild

let it crank for a bit and see if the spark plug is wet.

Also, starting fluid is very bad for these engines. Use carb cleaner instead.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #6
dre
Not Yet Wild

This is the same problem I had, when I ran mine out of gas when I frist got it. it picked up trash in the gas tank. Remove the carb. 2 bolts and some cables ( dont cut them) after its removed take off anything you can unscrew with a screwdriver, remove the bowl on bottom ( 1 nut) I didnt remove my float, I sprayed everything down with carb. cleaner ( 2 cans ). put it all back together, replaced all the rubber fuel line ( pay attention to how lines are hooked up, easier if you replace 1 at a time, so you don't cross the lines) new fuel filter. I put the end of my fuel line that hooks to the gas tank and put it on the end of a funnel and filled with gas and tried to start with the help of starting fluid, after it run on the gas, hooked up to tank, and drove around.
This should take care of your problem.
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Just a note. Carb kits for those carbs DO NOT exist. Be carefull when taking them apart and try not to tear an o-ring or anything. The problem I had with my 91 was the needle had a little tiny groove wore into it and it would stick and cause it not to get fuel. I ordered a carb kit from CPP and found out I had ordered the wrong one and they dont make them anymore.....Tom was kind enough to send me a couple of old needles to get me going again. I believe you can buy the whole NEW carb for that year though. Doesn't make sense why you can buy the whole carb but not a kit.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO