lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #61
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Getting ready to power up the Lithium/Alltrax conversion

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind comments. Looking forward to helpng any member with their lithium conversion.
Gary
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #62
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
That's an amazing thread. I don't know where you found the time or energy to not only do what you did but then write it up so meticulously to the extent of a 60 page thread; all while looking after a family and a new baby.

Well done.
Thanks, Bruce! It isn't easy. Note the 3 month hiatus in work on the cart with the list growing! I do appreciate the compliment.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:48 PM   #63
cmcnice
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
PingEye3 is a wealth of knowledge on these conversions. He spent HOURS on the phone helping me out and walking me through my stupid questions until I understood exactly how all of the BMS hardware interacts. Plus he’s a CAD master which made me feel fancy. Much better than my scratch bar napkin wiring diagrams. Truly a class act.

Edit: and his brackets are spot on. Very nice work. Quality care packages for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was just reading through lithium forums and came upon this note from E36; I too have been guided through the entire process by Gary and truly appreciate his help. From the lithium build to the entire 48V conversion -- I gutted my lifted 23 inch tire Yamaha G16 with a new Alltrax 500 amp controller, SW202, 400A solenoid plus a 58.8V Lithium battery pack -- working through the final kinks now (with a faulty BMS) but its running beautifully. Gary - and everyone else who helps out others on this board - thanks! Hopefully I can pay it forward somehow in the future. I'll post elsewhere pics and my notes from the process when it's complete.
cmcnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #64
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey CMCNice,

What BMS did you go with? I have a 14s 58.8v Chevy Volt pack I put in my EZGO and the BMS I bought is junk. Looking for another option beside me monitoring the charge manually. What did you finally go with?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #65
cmcnice
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Hey CMCNice,

What BMS did you go with? I have a 14s 58.8v Chevy Volt pack I put in my EZGO and the BMS I bought is junk. Looking for another option beside me monitoring the charge manually. What did you finally go with?

Went with the Zeva BMS16V2. Seems like a good product with excellent support from Ian who runs company in Australia. Don’t have mind up and running yet but will let you know this weekend when I do. I know others have used it on this forum with good results. Also the Orion Jr. BMS I’ve heard works well but is more expensive.
cmcnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #66
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice build I would love to do this to my cart one day!
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 03:14 AM   #67
fendken08
Not Yet Wild

Good
fendken08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car