lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #141
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Allied Lithium drop in batteries

I hate you are going through that. I have the same batteries and *knock on wood* mine have been flawless and I don't have the balancer. Good luck.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #142
parrothead82
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate knowing that you are not having issues. I would recommend that you get a balancer after knowing what I know now.
parrothead82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #143
Raider97
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had an issue with one of the Allied 80Ah batteries and Kyle gave me similar instructions and the BMS was going into protect mode so we had to replace the battery. I am finishing the conditioning period and have the balancer installed.

I've worked with Li-batteries in the past with hybrid-power systems so my expectations were that this would not be a simple drop-in but the benefits or rewards are much better than Lead Acid. Most larger Li-battery systems have a central BMS with communication cables to each set and common bus bars to ensure stabilization. These Allied Li are "Smart" batteries and they can be like a computer and need a "Re-boot or balancing". Patience is key when you first setup these batteries.

With this said, I am completely happy with my Allied Li-batteries and upgraded controller. My stock motor has a lot more torque and speed and the golf cart is much lighter. Rough calculations shown I have a range of 30-32 miles if I ran them to 0 SOC.
Raider97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #144
parrothead82
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input Raider97. Allied has come through today and are shipping a new set of 3 48V 30 AH batteries that are to be connected in a parallel configuration. This setup forgoes the balancer and maybe more acceptable to my needs. Hope this pans out.
parrothead82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #145
Clubbababyseal
Not Yet Wild

Parrothead2,

Or any other posters.

Any updates ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Clubbababyseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:59 PM   #146
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbababyseal View Post
Parrothead2,

Or any other posters.

Any updates ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm still going strong after 16 months...400amp Alltrax, factory motor 60AH allieds. We drive our cart about 70 miles per week.
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #147
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have 80ah with a PQ Bandit and stock controller. I can do about 20-25 miles if I run it hard.

I bought my Allied batteries in March of '20.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #148
qtiger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Purchased July 2019 (4) 60ah batteries
Wired in series plus Allied balancer
Allied charger
2006 Precedent, stock motor, 10" wheels
Speed code '5' programmed

Very mild golf/neighborhood usage around 7-14 miles per week. No issues with charging, usage, and works great for my purposes.
qtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:53 AM   #149
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

kicking up a quiet thread.. Just getting ready to install 3 - 48v 30 AH Allied with 1 empy battery case ( will have a 12v LI batt for my accessories ( sound bar, lights etc) will be charged separately and will keep the challenge for balancing off the other main batts. .... stock commander HS motor.. Stock controller. will bypass the obc with the black wire kit from Allied. Question is do I even need the OBC if it is bypassed with the black wire and can I take it off buggy to clean up wiring mess?
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:00 AM   #150
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You can take it off but you need to do the full bypass - not just the black wire. Read the instructions posted here.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car