lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric Club Car Died - HELP

I just bought a non running electric club car from my buddy this week. He said he was using it last summer and the next day when he went to use it it wouldnt work. He put 6 new batteries in it and still nothing. When you turn the key on and hit the gas it clicks like something is working but no movement. The reverse makes nosie, so I dont think it is a battery or power problem. Its pretty old (92ish) so I dont know if there is anything that goes out after time. I dont know much about electric carts so any help would be most helpful.
lubben810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric Club Car Died - HELP

First let's find out what you have. Does it have these.

Are one of these. Black box in lower right corner between batteries.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

It looks just like to second pic. So far I have found that it has one new coil on the drivers side with 6 new batteries, and a newer selonoid. Im told that it is possible that the V-shaped box sometimes goes bad. Dont know if that is true or not.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

I just popped the cap off of the v-glide thing and it also looks new. If anyone has a detailed picture of the wiring on the selonoid, the v-glide, and the forward reverse module if would really help.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

This should do you.

Remember the V-glide has a micro switch inside of it also that if not working the cart want move.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

My V-glide is wired the same as yours however my F/R module is wired a little different. On yours labeled 1/2 throttle there is a green wire going to the pos terminal on the pass. side battery. Also, on the SAME pos terminal is a red wire going to the 36 volt spot you labeled. Is it possible that the green wire is hooked up wrong? It seems weried that the same terminal would be hooked up right next to eachother. I dont know what they mean, but the ones labeled S-1 and A-1 goes to my motor. I will try to get some pics.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

I have the reverse hooked to full battery pack for better backing up when on a incline. Instead of 24 volts I have all 36 volts in reverse. Look at the picture again it's marked either way with the cable going to one or the other battery. You have to have it hooked to the F/R switch in the bottom or it want go at all in reverse. You could just put a jumper over to it though.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

What is the proper way to test the selonoid, motor, and F/R switch seperately? I know you had mentioned that if the micro in the v-glide is broken that it will not work but the whole V-glide looks almost brand new as well as the selonoid. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Looks don't mean a whole lot. The micro switch needs to activate so the selonoid will activate.
Jack the cart up in the back. Make sure both wheels are off the ground.
Take a jumper wire and place it on the 2 big terminal's of the main selonoid. Then turn the key on and press the gas pedal and see if it turns the wheels.
I take the selonoids out of the cart to test them.
One at a time I hook the two small terminals up to 36 volts with jumper's and see if the activate.
Have you looked at the coils are any of them broke?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

?? Do you mean put one end on the post of the solonoid and the other end on the opposite post of the solonoid, or do I have to put one end of the jumper wire on the battery and one on the solonoid post?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car