lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #1
mollyrae16
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 Columbia Par Car Clutch Issue?

Hi new here I have a 1987 Columbia Par Car that I think I am having a clutch issue with. Just don't want to spend the money for a new primary clutch without being more certain that it is my problem. I am posting a video below of the clutches and rear axle, with the accelerator all the way to the floor. Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...2t197Cl-gEMtTv
mollyrae16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 87 Columbia Par Car Clutch Issue?

Indeed, that clutch looks spent. Before getting a new one though (warning, they are expensive) you may want to pop the one you have there off, open it up and look for anything obvious being wrong (balls weights off track, broken metal, etc). Those clutches aren't terribly hard to take apart and put back together.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
mollyrae16
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 87 Columbia Par Car Clutch Issue?

Thanks for the advise. I did get the clutch off this week, but I am not sure how the thing comes apart. I cannot seem to find a video or anything that shows that particular clutch. I did find a parts catalog that shows how it is assembled, but still not sure how I get it apart to look inside. Do you have any tips or tricks on how it comes apart? Thanks
mollyrae16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar