lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #31
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
I promised myself that I would not say any more on this subject, but I cannot help myself. There is no agreement between E-Z-GO and Star Cars. 100% of E-Z-GO's are assembled in Augusta, GA. The frames may look identical, but they are not. E-Z-GO frames are made from American Steel and roboticly welded. E-Z-GO fabricates 30% of their parts in house and sources many more from American manufacturers. Saying the cars are basically the same is like like saying that a Cheap conunterfiet Rolex bought from a street vendor in New York is basically the same as one purchased at a fine jewerly store. As far as what is so bad about owning a Star Car, let me be as tactful and dispassionate as possible: If you want to support the godless pinko commie red Chinese then by all means buy a Star, If you stand on the side of Truth, Justice and the American Way then buy the best golf car the Land of the Free has to offer: E-Z-GO. Seriously, what an indiviual decides to do with their hard earned money is their business. If they choose to buy a Star Car that is their right. Just don't insult the intelligence of the readers of this board by trying to convince them that they are "basicly the same".
Thank you for the consideration TDOG
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #32
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

BTW, China does not honor any patents. US patent laws are a joke there. They make whatever they want, however they want. A part will be made to look the same, with poor quality materials. And yes, lead paint on the toys....
EZ GO is a quality product that tests its components, wherever they come from....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #33
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Star golf Cart parts and info

Quote:
I promised myself that I would not say any more on this subject, but I cannot help myself. There is no agreement between E-Z-GO and Star Cars. 100% of E-Z-GO's are assembled in Augusta, GA. The frames may look identical, but they are not. E-Z-GO frames are made from American Steel and roboticly welded. E-Z-GO fabricates 30% of their parts in house and sources many more from American manufacturers. Saying the cars are basically the same is like like saying that a Cheap conunterfiet Rolex bought from a street vendor in New York is basically the same as one purchased at a fine jewerly store. As far as what is so bad about owning a Star Car, let me be as tactful and dispassionate as possible: If you want to support the godless pinko commie red Chinese then by all means buy a Star, If you stand on the side of Truth, Justice and the American Way then buy the best golf car the Land of the Free has to offer: E-Z-GO. Seriously, what an indiviual decides to do with their hard earned money is their business. If they choose to buy a Star Car that is their right. Just don't insult the intelligence of the readers of this board by trying to convince them that they are "basicly the same".
TDOG??? Ya got the bug now, didn't ya? Much more tactful than me, I must say...... I agree with ya 99.999%, 'cept fer the part about Ez Go bein' the best. I think all of the Big three are pretty damm good, yes? Other than that......... You GO!!! I got yer back.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #34
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Essness, I said I would try to be tactful! And Dirty thanks for having my back. Yes, I would agree that all of the BIg Three make quality cars. I just got a little POed with some yahoo trying to pass a cheap clone off as just as good as the real thing. There is nothing wrong with trying to save a few bucks but know what you are buying. This is absolutely my last word on the subject!
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #35
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Essness, I said I would try to be tactful! And Dirty thanks for having my back. Yes, I would agree that all of the BIg Three make quality cars. I just got a little POed with some yahoo trying to pass a cheap clone off as just as good as the real thing. There is nothing wrong with trying to save a few bucks but know what you are buying. This is absolutely my last word on the subject!
It's all good TDOG. I thought it was kinda funny
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #36
STAR GUY
Not Yet Wild

Just bought a Star B48-2, have not received yet but very excited. I have a 96 EZG0 it has been a good golf cart, time for more spead. This is a GEM look alike so I will be probably one of the first in my area to have such a cart. I will update in a very honest way of how good or bad the cart is!
STAR GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #37
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Congrats on the new car!
With any luck it will be at least as dependable as the GEM.
Hope to hear some more info on these as the Star carts are starting to become more popular as personal carts and sooner or later they will show up more on these forums.
For those who haven't seen one:

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #38
mlj427
Gone Wild

I'm looking at a Star 48-4sf, or a Tomberlin e2. I have a Yamaha g14 and am only looking at these because the big 3 don't have a lsv on the market yet. I don't want to miss the tax credit this year. Any thoughts on these I know that it's not the best but they are available.
Thanks
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #39
funfla22
Not Yet Wild

i bought one in 2005 had no issue with it --- it was stolen last month ( we live at beach ) and driven into the gulf --- with the tax credit and ins money i am replacing it with a 2010
while it might be chinese --- it is sold by a american company , and my local dealer is just that --local-- l --- its one of the available lsv tax creditable options

it needs the needs and does the job
funfla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #40
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Several
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay