lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
CULO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 ongoing build

Now that I have my front end fab'd, painted and installed I thought I would start a new thread. If anyones interested here's a link to my A-arm build thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...arm-build.html
I decided to make a new front bumper using 2" aluminized exhaust pipe. I still need to weld the top loop in just mocking up to make sure everything fits. Also ordered some flares. Couldn't find them for a G9 so I went with the newer models flares. They fit the contour ok they just have a cut out around the rocker panels where mine are flat. I plan to shim the rockers out about a 1/2" then rap them with diamond plate. Will post more pics when I get further along.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumper4.jpg (51.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg bumper2.jpg (102.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg bumper1.jpg (88.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg bumper3.jpg (113.7 KB, 65 views)
CULO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
CULO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 ongoing build

My Flares
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flares2.jpg (109.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg flares1.jpg (59.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
asg13
Not Yet Wild

flares look good..keep us updated..
asg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
decipher
Gone Wild
Yamaha

looks like you need a little more lift there.... Those front a-arms are almost flat.. More More More we want More!!
decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

That front bumper is going to look sweet. How do you like the powder coating gun? I have been looking into one of those as well.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
joefixit
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

[B]Nice Work !!! Looks good!! That will be a nice riding cart when completed... Keep the pics coming.
joefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

very nice work, as always! What kind of snowmobile are your front shocks from? Sounds like you are happy with them and I maybe looking for some.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
CULO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the encouragement guys
Spencer, I am pretty happy with the Craftsman powder gun! It has it's own air source with a variable speed trigger. Sears don't sell them anymore but you can still get them on Ebay/Amazon/Craigslist.
Thenewguy, the shocks are from a early 2000 something Skidoo/stock. They were actually donated to me when the original owner upgradedI am very happy with them. I have them set very low for compression and they have good rebound as well. The buggy ones I had on before would squat with 2 adults and bottom out comin down from a wheelie! Much better. Powder coating the bumper today, to big for my garage oven but we have a 4 footer at work I'm gonna use. Will post pics soon.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
clayfor
Gone Wild

Yamaha

WOW Culo!! That looks Great!!! What engine do you have? I see your pullin wheelies!!!
clayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULO View Post
Thanks for the encouragement guys
Spencer, I am pretty happy with the Craftsman powder gun! It has it's own air source with a variable speed trigger. Sears don't sell them anymore but you can still get them on Ebay/Amazon/Craigslist.
Thenewguy, the shocks are from a early 2000 something Skidoo/stock. They were actually donated to me when the original owner upgradedI am very happy with them. I have them set very low for compression and they have good rebound as well. The buggy ones I had on before would squat with 2 adults and bottom out comin down from a wheelie! Much better. Powder coating the bumper today, to big for my garage oven but we have a 4 footer at work I'm gonna use. Will post pics soon.
Thanks for the info. Keep them pics coming!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha