lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 Marathon vs. 1995 Medalist

Scottb,
Ahhhhh the good old days. So what you are trying to say is go with the Medalist? I will check them both out thouroughly when I get back to the house. If the Marathon runs with the free set of batteries that my dad is going to give me, then I have no expense in the cart other than the $200 I paid for it. If I can get the medalist to run for under $500 then I may keep it and sell the marathon. I just don't want to spend a whole lot of money. If they both don't work then I will buy the 2007 Club Car with lift for $2700. I would just like to be able to work on one of the carts with my kids and make it better a little at a time.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletop View Post
Scottb,
Ahhhhh the good old days. So what you are trying to say is go with the Medalist? I will check them both out thouroughly when I get back to the house. If the Marathon runs with the free set of batteries that my dad is going to give me, then I have no expense in the cart other than the $200 I paid for it. If I can get the medalist to run for under $500 then I may keep it and sell the marathon. I just don't want to spend a whole lot of money. If they both don't work then I will buy the 2007 Club Car with lift for $2700. I would just like to be able to work on one of the carts with my kids and make it better a little at a time.

There is a lot of wiggle room right there... You could drop $2000 into any txt at and drive it home in style !
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ScottyB,

What exactly is solid state speed control. The company offers 12 months same as cash financing. I see what you are saying though. When I get home I will just have to go through all of the trouble shooting scenarios. I may just get the marathon useable and then work on the Medalist. Once I get the Medalist up and going then I could sell the Marathon. I just have to take my time and see what uis wrong with it. Something tells me right now though that the Marathon will be much easier and cheaper to fix.

The Marathon was stored in a mini storage for I don't know how long and the charger was plugged into the cart and the outlet. Some of the batteries were dry. It just leads me to believe that the cart was in operable condition when it was placed there.

The Medalist quit working and was drug to the back of my dad's property where the rats made a home out of the battery box. There was ahuge rat with a baby one sucking on the teet when I opened the seat. My wife freaked out. Tons of wood roaches to. I cleaned it all out and all of the terminals and stuff are heavily corroded and the battery rack rusted out. No big deal because I can weld a new one but it just seems that it is going to be a task to get all of the terminals cleaned up. I am just assuming that it all has to be changed out. I will run some diagnostics on it when I get home.

Either way I belive that I will have a cart up and running when I get home. I will take picks of both and post them as soon as I can. I am offshore until Oct. 27. Then I will be hunting for until Saturday. I should have pics for ya'll by Halloween. And trust me they are scary.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Best thing you can do is replace every single cable with #4 welding cable and soldered copper ends ...... Cost is about $75 and replace the F&R with HD unit. Clean up the battery trays and drop some new batts in it ....... do you have the powerwise charger? Oh yeah, they are automatic instead of 1980s manual.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Marathon came with a newer charger. It is a powerwise if I am not mistaking. The guy told me that it was not working. He had the cover off. He replaced the capacitor and he doesn't know if it works. From my understanding the batteries have to have a certain amount of voltage for the charger to kick on. I will try it out on my dad's batteries when I get home as well.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yeah, well, read up on both models so you will know what you are looking at when you get back.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats what I am doing. Trying to get an attack plan put together. I really apprecaite your input as well as everyone elses.

Thanks,
Oletop
Old 10-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Lots of people contribute to make this site the best dang golf cart modification site on the internet! Keep us posted.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #19
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I feel a whole lot more confident now. I stumbled upon a link posted by Ruredy. The Repair manual and the parts manual. It makes everything so much more understandable. I feel like I can get both of the carts running in just a matter of a few days now. BGW is a fantastic site and is full of useful information. Thanks again guys.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ScottyB,

Should I use 4/0 welding cable or #4 AWG welding cable?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO