lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
golfer53
Not Yet Wild

Default Serial number information

New to this, so please bear with me. I have an older columbia par car with the number 2ED 30097-E1. Which numbers denote year built and where can I get a manual on this model? Many thanks.
golfer53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Strawhead
Future World Dictator

Columbia

Default Re: Serial number information

Hey golfer,
Try thishttp://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...d_serial_guide

2001?
Good Luck!
As Always Post some Pix!
Strawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

E=2000 series
D=1990 series
etc...

Your cart is a 2001 P4E (Eagle), 48V ACE system. Manufactured 7/11/2001, shipped 7/28/2001 to Tuscan Ridge Golf Club in Chico, CA.

Best manual is going to be the 96-2000 manual on this website.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
Strawhead
Future World Dictator

Columbia

Hey Tech,
I don't mean to hijack the thread,but could you see if you could work your magic with my cart? I would love to get a little history on her.
3B 12008 C3
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

1983 originally sold to Mt Prospect County Club 4/22/83. Looks like it didn't wander far from home! (Actually built 9/9/82).
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
Strawhead
Future World Dictator

Columbia

Thanks Tech!!!!!!!
You are a AMAZING person to be able to talk to!! hope I can help you out one day!
(Yeah,She didn't go far-I found her in Chicago on the south side-A "Church" group used her Once a year for a Saint Bruno parade.Some very nice Italian American Gentlemen-If you know what I mean. Ha!)

golfer---How's the cart goin'. Did ya' get the info you needed?
Love to see some pix!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Tech, could you work your magic just once more??? We were given this older looking Par Car and I am trying to find parts for it. The vin # is 2L-21453-DO
I think it is a P-4G model (what ever that means)
and the seriel # is 2L. Am I looking at this right. The thing that is confusing me is the year model. It could be one of several. I am looking for carb parts for it. One little friggin spring that I stretched while taking it apart. Tried un-stretching it and no go. If you can help with clearing up the ID process I would surely appreciate it.
Taz

I know, I know, I put this in the wrong place. Couldn't figure out how to move it. Sorry

Last edited by tazassape; 01-27-2011 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: update
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
packman
Not Yet Wild

hi im new to this site and golf carts in general ,, my buddy bought all the golf carts from the arco plant awhile back and i was fortunate enough to get one of them free of charge ,, the coil was missing and there were a few wires disconnected ,, i have no clue what year it is or what else is missing my vin number is 2L21689D1 any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated,,also is there any places close to the l.a or long beach ca. that sell parts for this beast ?? thanks again,,,

i also forgot to add i found a ignition module is what i think they call it that i suspect is whats causing me no spark is there a way to test it to see if its bad or not ??
packman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

1991 Eagle Gas. Manfacture complete date was 12/13/1990. First went to Anaheim Hills. There's a dealer down in Oceanside (A1 Golf Cars). Best way to test that module is with an oscope to see if it reads any movement at all, or replace it, but I hate shotgun parts methods.

Don't forget to check the manuals. www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars
Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
packman
Not Yet Wild

thank you so much the info was very helpful ,, i tried to read the module with a fluke meter and it does display a output like its not bad i just cant seem to get a spark out of it ,, i had spark out of it once but not again ,,, i have tried to rotate it to get spark but to no avail i would hate to buy a new one and put it in thinking it will fire and when it doesnt i just may cry,,lol does the module hook straight to the coil or is there another modulee that goes between module and coil ?? sorry for the dumb questions im a fabricator not a mechanic i was hopin it would be running already so i cant start the suspension,, thanks for your time again
packman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar