lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
rwhidden
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default G16E bucking like a bronco

I am stumped on this one. My 76 year old Father-in-law's 1998 G16E 36 volt is bucking and kicking like a mule when you first touch the accelerator pedal.

About a month ago he said he was riding up the driveway and the center battery support broke free and the two center batteries were hanging but not dragging the ground. He got it back to the house and decided to replace the angle iron frame himself. He pressure washed the battery trays and all of the under seat area. He fixed the battery frame and reinstalled the batteries. The cart would not move, I checked all of the connections, fuses and batteries and everything looked good. Called a local shop and they said he probably fried the controller. Took it to the shop and after $400.00 in parts and labor the shop said it was fixed. When I went to load it on the trailer it jumped and jerked like crazy when I barely touched the throttle. The cart mechanic seem dumfounded and said it was either the throttle positioning sensor not recognizing first gear and jumping straight to 2nd or maybe it just needed to run a little and it should straighten up. I priced the TPS and it was $240.00 (ouch) especially after we just spent $400.00 on the controller. This cart is scary as hell and with my Father-in-law at 76 years old and I don't want him to get hurt or run somebody or something over. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: G16E bucking like a bronco

It should have never left the repair shop until you were 100% satisfied to start with.
Did you talk to them since and tell them it "didn't fix itself"?
Who is the shop so others can steer clear of those Yahoos?
Half azz shops with parts replacers just gripe my a..........nevermind.

Have you checked all the batteries condition including load testing them?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
rwhidden
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I voiced my concerns to him about the symptoms and he said it was something other than what he fixed. Don't know if he is just after money or he is just guessing. Either way it costs me alot of money to be wrong. The shop is called Golf Carts Unlimited in Remlap, Alabama.
Batteries were tested with an automotive load tester individually and they all stayed at 6 volts or better under load.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #4
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

First of all there is no first or second gear, It could be the pedal switch, It could be that when the batteries fell out the hit the motor and bend the imput shaft... what did the work order say they did to it... because a controller is way more expensive than 400 bucks.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #5
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

First of all there is no first or second gear, It could be the pedal switch, It could be that when the batteries fell out the hit the motor and bend the imput shaft... what did the work order say they did to it... because a controller is way more expensive than 400 bucks. And what the heck does Load testing have to do with any of this????? Relax I will help just answer my questions and I promise to have your father in laws cart running smooth again
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

First of all there is no first or second gear, It could be the pedal switch, It could be that when the batteries fell out the hit the motor and bend the imput shaft... what did the work order say they did to it... because a controller is way more expensive than 400 bucks. And what the heck does Load testing have to do with any of this????? Relax I will help just answer my questions and I promise to have your father in laws cart running smooth again
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

So where are your questions super tech? The mans father in law is waiting........
Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
So where are your questions super tech? The mans father in law is waiting........
Wooooah dood, chill out brag... shhhhhhh. I was just trying to help the guy and not blow smoke up his @$$! If u R-E-A-D my post there are two questions... what did the work order say and WTF DOES LOADTESTING HAVE TO DO WITH IT? Or should I quote my own post... super tech? Its my f*CKING job ace, its how I pay my bills and feed my kids... stop being so ignorant douche
Old 02-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #9
rib33024

EDDOG--- I think you need to chill, you come on here swinging your D**K like your some one special with this attitude that you know everything, and nobody else knows anything, Crash12888 does know what he is talking about, and is well known around here, and been helping members around here for years. and all i hear out of you is " Trust me " (I got all the answers, well show us,) stop patting your self on the back and help out around here if you want, enough with the mouthing off, if you aint got nothing nice to say then don't post, Happy Carting Thanks have fun while your here at Buggies Gone Wild the #1 cart forum in the world

Not a good way to start off around here at BGW, now the Mods have to clean up your mess
Old 02-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Strike a nerve did I? Hope you don't kiss your kids with that mouth, probably go to church as well?
Try a slice of humble pie, A lot of knowledge hear but no one banging their chest about their own. I figured as much from your type. Later...........
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha