lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
ksmith247
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT is slow uphill

I'm sure this is not a very original question but here it is. I have a 2005 E-Z-Go TXT 36V. It has 6 6V Trojan batteries and I am wondering at this time about cables. The cables in this thing look to be worn and older than they should look (IMHO) for their age. How much of a difference would 4 gauge cables make?

This thing is SLOW when pulling hills. It will pull up pretty steady but I have been playing golf all my life and have driven many carts over the years and this thing just isn't up to par (no pun intended). Speed decreases dramatically.

Is there some cost effective things I can do to improve performance?

I am a computer guy, not a cart guy so my current knowledge ends at how to drive. Any advice is appreciated.
ksmith247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: TXT is slow uphill

4 gauge cable will help pull those hills but it's not a cure all, end all solution. You will notice a difference with the 4 gauge. Next up would be a higher amp controller.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
ksmith247
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Next up would be a higher amp controller.
I assume you mean a speed controller like the ones here. What is the difference in a programmable and nonprogrammable controller?
ksmith247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yes, but the stock motor will only use around 400 amps or so. Any higher and the motor can't use the power. I always get the biggest one I can afford in case of future motor upgrades.

The programable controllers are exactly that. You can program output, braking power, acceleration....all kinds of stuff. The non-programable is just set wide open.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO