lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2021, 08:44 PM   #1
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Flooded cart , need a controller and what other parts?

I bought a 2014+ club Precedent today that was flooded for $800 my friend bought one like this a year ago and just added new batts and controller and is still driving it.
I figured motor is sealed should be fine? New Batts and used controller on Ebay and fire it up ?

I don't know what this part is next to the controller I removed.

Any suggestions on what I should look for to replace?

I figured $1,500 for new batts, controller on Ebay for around $200
and that leaves me about $800 for anything else , I'm going to build it and sell it after keeping it a few months as I have a cart all ready

Any suggestions ? I attached photos of where I took the controller out of, does anyone have a electrical schematic for 2014 -1/2 and newer ? It has an E.R.I.C charger and a white Curtis controller so I know it's the newer 2014-1/2 and up cart

Thanks I appreciate the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-01-06 20.32.56.jpg (167.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210106_203430.jpg (185.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210106_203313.jpg (267.5 KB, 0 views)
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2021, 09:30 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Flooded cart , need a controller and what other parts?

Best of luck to you. You’re gonna need it. That cart loks rough in the pics. It was under water for a while. $800 is expensive for a flood cart you plan on trying to turn for a profit. Especially in Melbourne, chances are it was flooded in salt water or brackish at a minimum. I’d honestly be surprised if anything on it was useable. I’m sorry to be Debbie downer but I’ve bought a couple flood carts. Nothing was any good. At all.

First thing is first. Take everything apart. Take the motor off (no it’s not sealed at all). Drain the oil from the rear end. Check every connector, wire, and switch.

I’d plan on batteries, controller, solenoid, wires, and motor. Search around I’ve seen parts on here for cheap occasionally from guys who upgraded everything. But it usually goes fast.

Again I wish you luck. But do your due diligence now and inspect EVERYTHING before replacing ANYTHING. If the motor is dead shorted and you put in a mew controller, it can damage the new controller. Or vice versa
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
morvolts2
Gone Wild

salt water?
I use a product on all my watercraft called Salt Away

every electrical connection and wire must be checked.
If you are selling it,its best to disclose. Ask yourself if you would like it if it happened to you .
Feel very lucky if you dont have any electrical gremlins. I use a product called Corrosion Block for all connections.
https://www.blockcorrosion.com/
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:50 PM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Yikes, that one looks pretty rough. What's the rest of the cart look like?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:00 PM   #5
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks , the rest of the cart isn't that bad
Right now I been painting my own golf cart bodies
Just did my first body last week spraying it

I've built allot of carts, new bodies, lifts, lights all the typical
Stuff to flip them

I figured new batteries, controller, solenoid, shoot the body,
And do the typical build, light kit, rear seat etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210106_220120.jpg (99.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 631658218.jpg (174.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_0(1).jpg (224.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-06-2021, 10:01 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

And I don’t know what the market is like there, I haven’t lived in brevard forever about 10 years now. But up here in MI carts are WAY more expensive than north FL and south GA. I’ve found several 2014 and up precedents that are stock with new batteries for around $3k. You’ll be close to that just to make it run and drive without any other modifications like windshield, back seat, lift, wheels, etc (all the value adders that make carts worth more, but cost more and generally cost neutral when you build a cart vs sell a cart). It’s a great foundation For $800 if you’re planning to build a cart for yourself to keep. But (just to set realistic expectations) if you’re planning on turning a big profit out of this, it’s probably not going to happen. I hope you prove me to be wrong and anything that’s not damaged with the flood will certainly help, but I’ve been there a time or two. I’ve built a lot of carts. I’ve never “lost” money on one but I don’t build them for profit either. I sell for waaaay less than general market value just to move it fast and get it out of the way. I just enjoy the process of building them because it’s fun
Old 01-06-2021, 10:06 PM   #7
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Before you invest a penny into that car, do a teardown and assess the condition. The wiring harness itself may be too crusty to use ethically/safely, and I'd definitely count on replacing lots of nuts and bolts. I just finished building an '07 Precedent that, despite being a used-for-golf cart, had rust on EVERYTHING. The entire pedal assembly was shot, and I got super lucky that Revolution had a good used one in stock. I had a difficult time with screw removal (heads broke apart) and it took forever to clean everything.

I would also anticipate your MCOR, stock voltage reducer (if it has one), and possibly the brake hardware/cables. Are the batteries still good as cores? How's the frame itself?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:14 PM   #8
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks The frame is clean, I looked under the cart and don't see anything rusted other than normal surface rust on a 2014 that is to be expected , yes the batts are good for cores, I'll grab more pics

I can have the whole thing stripped down in a hour or so .

CP I get good prices from wholesalers down here on carts, but I don't buy 10 or more to get good discounts, but I don't pay retail either.
I just bought a 2018 CP for $3,850 OTD and with new Batts I get them for $480, painted body, and light kit I'm under $5k, I plan on selling just a small profit as I'm the same as you, I like building them, we ride them around until they sell, then I'll buy another one to build. Some I lift, and do a full build on, with Alpha body and everything loaded, and some I just do simple stuff like painted body and rear seat etc
Old 01-06-2021, 10:25 PM   #9
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's some pics of under the cart and batts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210106_221854.jpg (241.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2021-01-06 22.18.21.jpg (167.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210106_221835.jpg (196.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210106_221911.jpg (139.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210106_221936.jpg (162.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-06-2021, 10:32 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

As said, good luck. I hope you can salvage some of the flooded components. My experiences with flood carts from hurricanes are basically nothing is useable except plastics, seats, frame, and other soft parts. Anything electrical has been completely trashed. The last DS I bought for $50 just for the front cowl and roof for my carryall. 90% of the rest of it was scrapped. I had to bust the motor out of the rear end with the blunt side of an axe just to get it to roll...

I just hope you have better luck than me :) but as said, test everything so you know exactly what you’re working with.: thumbup:
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car