lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Default What's a new Advanced DC motor worth?

I picked up a new (never installed) EZ Go 19 spline, Advanced DC motor, Part number 73445G01 AO2-4012 recently, and was wondering what these sell for normally, or what one might be worth? Anyone have any info? During a search for 73445G01, what little info I found, implied that they were about $425 new?

The bad thing is, when I got it, I was told it was 6hp, but in my search it seems to be a stock 2 or 2.5hp?

I was thinking about using it to replace an older motor in one of my Melex carts, and using the old motor on my pedal car project, or a go cart project, but if I can get a decent amount for it, I might sell it instead, and use the money for parts for my gas ezgo project.

Any info, hints, suggestions, etc. appreciated. :)
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: What's a new Advanced DC motor worth?

Its a 2HP motor.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

It may be a higher HP at peak, but it's non-peak rating is 2 HP, from another supplier:
Quote:
E-Z-GO 89-Up FACTORY 2.0 Non-Peak HP @ 2800 RPM, 36 Volt, 14 Mph (Stock) DC Electric Motor

This is a factory replacement series wound electric motor for 36 volt Non-DCS or PDS Fleet Speed E-Z-GO Golf Carts made from 1996 to Present. Motor is produced by Advanced DC Motors. It will replace the 2.0 Non-Peak HP @ 2800 rpm Fleet Motor.

Motor has a female 19 spline coupler and is for use with the Dana Differential (used in E-Z-GO from 1989-Up)..

Factory Part # 73445G01, also replaces, 73154G02, 27045G01 & 22858G1.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Yeah, that was one of two or 3 sites that I found info on that specific motor from during my search. They said 2hp or 2.5hp, and peaks of 12-14hp or some such. Either way, it's NEW which is a good thing, and I'm sure will come in handy for one of the carts or another project, if I choose to use it.

Was the price that was listed on those sites about average, at $450? What does everyone think I could sell it for if I decide to do that? $250 a reasonable price?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

You can usually buy used motors for around $100 and in my way of thinking, these motors almost never crap out so if you get $150, I'd say you're doing OK. Then again, there's always someone out there who would pay that. Why not try craigslist or even eBay and see where it goes.
Even if my motor took a dump, before I replaced it with a stock motor, I'd probably send to a rewinder like PQ or EMP and add some speed and torque to it.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Yeah, I think rather than paying for a new stock one at full pop, I too (and most anyone that is looking around) would pay to have one rewound instead for just a little bit more. However, there are definitely people that aren't interested in "upgrading" their carts, and like to stick with stock, otherwise nobody would sell them I guess. lol

Thanks for the input. I agree. Considering what I paid for it, I can't really lose. I could use it for a couple years and still sell it for profit. :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO