lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
shootnmiss09
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 marathon questions

Hi-

I have a few questions on my 84 marathon. My drive clutch is sticking and not working correctly, so I am going to order a new drive clutch. I was wondering what I have for choices; is it just basically the 'comet' clutch? Will a new clutch make the cart faster?

On the rear differential, how do I check the oil? What type of oil does it take, and how full do I fill it?

Also, I am considering a 24" LED light bar to my cart, will the electrical system run that, and the 12 volt stereo that is already in the cart?

Last summer, I put a new piston and jug in it and eliminated the oil system. I mixed the first tank 40:1, and I am needing to fill it up again now. What mix ratio do you recommend? I use it around the house and drive it to work a few blocks away.

Thanks
shootnmiss09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #2
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 marathon questions

I'm not sure on an 84, but my 88 clutch is essentially a Comet 102C and can use the repair/tuning parts from them. The 25mm taper is different than the later 30mm on most newer sleds and carts. A good cleaning and stiffer spring should fix the sticking and add performance.

There should be a plug in the rear differential cover, that you add gear oil to the bottom of.

128:1 is what seems to work in these.
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO