lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 RXV speed upgrades and gear questions

I have a 2017 rxv and it is equipped with the 1206. I'd like to add the 1238 and have someone work some 'magic' on. This is strictly a flat ground drag cart. I'd like to ad 8:1 gears which I've done on a txt but never on a rxv. Is it much different? Then I'd switch to lithium either 48 or 72 volt. Remember this is a drag cart. We already have a dc cart running 60mph. It isn't mine but it's sweet. I also have a 2008 with a curtis 1206 that I'd like to make a little faster for the wife. Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave1888188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 RXV speed upgrades and gear questions

Even drag cars need to stop. With 8:1 gears, you will have very little stopping power at full speed. I strongly suggest against those gears. And all high speed gears make a Curtis rxv act foul for general driving characteristics. Keep In mind, the motor is all the brakes the electric Rxv has, and those gears put the motor at a mechanical disadvantage when trying to slow the cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Even drag cars need to stop. With 8:1 gears, you will have very little stopping power at full speed. I strongly suggest against those gears. And all high speed gears make a Curtis rxv act foul for general driving characteristics. Keep In mind, the motor is all the brakes the electric Rxv has, and those gears put the motor at a mechanical disadvantage when trying to slow the cart.

Ok thanks. What Would you do? Leave the stock gears? 13 to 1? Just change your controller settings and then batteries? Or do a Conversion from A TXT?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

OK if I have to make the dragster out of my DC cart that's fine. What would I do to this 2017 rxvp model to get it into the mid thirties? Would I have to lift it?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

2012.5 and newer rxv can be programmed to do 27 with stock controller & stock gears & stock 18" tires, so a set of larger street tires/wheels will get you in the thirties with no gear change.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contoller, gears, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO