lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2021, 04:52 AM   #1
Stevie Mc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 ClubCar DS Bad Solenoid Resistor?

Batteries new 01/2019. Full Charge 52V.

Cleaned all battery cables and motor connections.

Symptoms:
Drove about 3/4 mile full throttle and shuts completely down. Wont even buzz when put in reverse. Solenoid not clicking. Let sit for a few minutes and will go again for short while. About 1/8 mile.

Actions:
New F/R switch. New Run/Tow switch. New solenoid.

I was going through some TS with the solenoid and removed the resistor. When tested, the resistor was about 240ohm but was erratic like it was bad. So I removed the resistor and the cart did not fail on test run. Has anyone heard of bad resistor causing these symptoms?

My next step is to test the MCOR. I am not seeing the typical 'jerky' acceleration as described when the MCOR goes out.

Thanks in advance!
Stevie Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car