lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #1
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Disc verses Drum

I continue to read about the frustrations everyone has shared with the stock brake systems and what they have done to convert to disc.

With the ongoing challenge of upgrading from the stock brakes on a modified or repowered cart and the problems associated with either a full custom fabricated disc system pieced together off of an auto parts store shelf and homemade brackets or an aftermarket kit that you have to sell one of the twins to pay for, I'm thinking of another option.

What would your thoughts be on a full hydraulic front and rear drum setup?
Here is the criteria:

1) It would have to fit inside of a stock 8" wheel. Why fork another $200 for spacers and or 10" rims if you don't have to?
2) Possible larger set for 10" rims.
3) It would have to be a complete bolt in installation.
4) It shouldn't cost you your left nat to purchase the parts to do it.

For years the auto industry used and had good success with 4 wheel hydraulic drum systems.

I know the advantages of disc over drum, But in all honesty, considering the weight and speed of our carts and other that the cool factor, tell me what you thoughts are on a full hydraulic 4 wheel drum setup.

Let me know what you think,
I've been pondering some Ideas....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Disc verses Drum

I would like to hear / see more. I think it's a good idea. Even mechanical front drum wouldn’t be bad.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: Disc verses Drum

when i was over at the race in homestead i notice the the streach carts had mechanical front drum brakes on the Club cars all runing of cables
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center