lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #21
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Re: Allied Lithium batteries?

Yes, golf course. How long do you figure you can go an a charge. I don’t really trust any manufacture website claims on distance. Interested to hear you experience. I’m about to have to replace my batteries. I really would like to go to lithium. Either new lithium elite or drop in options. Once or twice a week I play 36 or more holes plus run to range. It would be nice to have a cart that can keep up with me.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2019, 10:03 PM   #22
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
Yes, golf course. How long do you figure you can go an a charge. I don’t really trust any manufacture website claims on distance. Interested to hear you experience. I’m about to have to replace my batteries. I really would like to go to lithium. Either new lithium elite or drop in options. Once or twice a week I play 36 or more holes plus run to range. It would be nice to have a cart that can keep up with me.
Today I installed the new batteries.
Tomorrow I’ll play 18th holes and report.

I don’t really need to have high mileage; my main reason to go lithium is the idea to reduce weight, better speed and many years before replacing batteries again.

IMO: 36 holes are easily playable with 80Ah. How long is your total mileage. Plus the charging time to full is 2 hours aprox.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:36 PM   #23
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post
Today I installed the new batteries.
Tomorrow I’ll play 18th holes and report.

I don’t really need to have high mileage; my main reason to go lithium is the idea to reduce weight, better speed and many years before replacing batteries again.

IMO: 36 holes are easily playable with 80Ah. How long is your total mileage. Plus the charging time to full is 2 hours aprox.
No sure total mileage but by the time I play 36 and come back and for to the house a couple of times I’m usually out of juice. I would like to be able to come back and for to the clubhouse afterwards or get a couple of extra holes.
I’m on my third set of batteries in 6 years. I’m lucky I get to play a lot of golf. Haha. So, longevity with lithium is important to me also.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #24
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
No sure total mileage but by the time I play 36 and come back and for to the house a couple of times I’m usually out of juice. I would like to be able to come back and for to the clubhouse afterwards or get a couple of extra holes.
I’m on my third set of batteries in 6 years. I’m lucky I get to play a lot of golf. Haha. So, longevity with lithium is important to me also.
WOW! My set, Trojans, lasted 5 years.
Last 2 months I was barely finishing 18 holes and returning home.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #25
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
WOW! My set, Trojans, lasted 5 years.
Last 2 months I was barely finishing 18 holes and returning home.
I had the original US batteries replaced now on my second set of Trojans. Thinking the lithiums would be a good long term investment
Old 12-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #26
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Today I played 18 holes plus the ride to and from the club (2 miles total) and the charge is 85%
Old 12-24-2019, 05:50 PM   #27
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Today I played 18 holes plus the ride to and from the club (2 miles total) and the charge is 85%
Sounds pretty good. Be interested to find out how far those might go.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #28
Easy_E
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hello, just curious if your Allied's are still working well? I'm getting ready to order them for my Precedent.
Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #29
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_E View Post
Hello, just curious if your Allied's are still working well? I'm getting ready to order them for my Precedent.
Hi I haven’t used my cart because of the holidays. So far I can say it looks great, the weight difference is noticeable and as I mentioned in my post above the expected mileage is promising.

I can tell that I was driving 27.3 miles per hour!!! - due to the Controller and the loss of weight. And there was not a single thing due to amp demand even when pushing the pedal from 0

Go ahead. They have 7 years warranty.
IMHO I wouldn’t get anything less than 80Ah
Old 12-26-2019, 08:51 AM   #30
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Hi I haven’t used my cart because of the holidays. So far I can say it looks great, the weight difference is noticeable and as I mentioned in my post above the expected mileage is promising.

I can tell that I was driving 27.3 miles per hour!!! - due to the Controller and the loss of weight. And there was not a single thing due to amp demand even when pushing the pedal from 0

Go ahead. They have 7 years warranty.
IMHO I wouldn’t get anything less than 80Ah
sorry if i missed it.....are you using their lithium charger? stock motor?

thanks for the feedback ...i too am thinking about the 80ah.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO