lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #1
bje002
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 rxv ezgo

My son and I were riding our golf cart today after the rain....we hit a few puddles (bc he loves that) and as we made our way home we hit one last big puddle and kept going...started going down a hill near our house and the golf cart braked hard like I was letting off the gas peddle (electric golf cart). Once I came to a stop I put it in tow mode and then out of tow mode and got nothing from the gas peddle. Had a neighbor come and tow me home, and when I put the cart in tow mode the brakes were still activated.....we had to put dollys on the back tires to tow the cart home.......any ides????? I am new to carts and have no idea....thanks in advance
bje002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 rxv ezgo

On RXVs all braking is done by the motor expect for the parking brake which is fail safe to engaged. For some reason the parking brake was engaged.

To move, push, tow an RXV with the paring brake engaged: put the tow switch to tow and then turn key to neutral. Has to be done in that order. If that doesn't work there are instructions printed on the top of the controller cover by the tow switch.

I can't help diagnosing why the brake engaged in the first place.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #3
bje002
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
On RXVs all braking is done by the motor expect for the parking brake which is fail safe to engaged. For some reason the parking brake was engaged.

To move, push, tow an RXV with the paring brake engaged: put the tow switch to tow and then turn key to neutral. Has to be done in that order. If that doesn't work there are instructions printed on the top of the controller cover by the tow switch.

I can't help diagnosing why the brake engaged in the first place.

thanks for the input, I tried to put cart in tow and key in neutral but brakes were still locked up
Old 05-28-2020, 09:30 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

there's two red connectors under the plastic cover where the run/tow switch is (make sure it's in TOW when doing this). They're labeled "1" and "2" and "3" and "4".

1 connects to 2, and 3 connects to 4 normally. By reversing the connections the brake should unlock if it's any good. By my guessing you probably EOL'd the speed sensor which makes the car shut down and locks the brake. ANY and I do mean ANY moisture near that thing and it dies.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:43 AM   #5
bje002
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
there's two red connectors under the plastic cover where the run/tow switch is (make sure it's in TOW when doing this). They're labeled "1" and "2" and "3" and "4".

1 connects to 2, and 3 connects to 4 normally. By reversing the connections the brake should unlock if it's any good. By my guessing you probably EOL'd the speed sensor which makes the car shut down and locks the brake. ANY and I do mean ANY moisture near that thing and it dies.
Is this something pretty easy to switch out or should I have some one do it for me?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:57 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It's something you should be able to do. I can give you instructions on how to do if you want or do a search of the forum.

Only buy a OEM brake.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #7
bje002
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
It's something you should be able to do. I can give you instructions on how to do if you want or do a search of the forum.

Only buy a OEM brake.
So, when I power on the Golf Cart on into reverse I can hear the brake dis-engage (if thats a word) but then less than a second later i hear the brake engage......not sure if this will help diagnose the issue

edit: the noise goes like: Click, clickclickclick
Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bje002 View Post
So, when I power on the Golf Cart on into reverse I can hear the brake dis-engage (if thats a word) but then less than a second later i hear the brake engage......not sure if this will help diagnose the issue

edit: the noise goes like: Click, clickclickclick
But if you put it in Tow and then turn the key switch to N the brake won't unlock?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:11 AM   #9
bje002
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
But if you put it in Tow and then turn the key switch to N the brake won't unlock?
that is correct, it will not unlock
Old 05-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #10
bje002
Not Yet Wild

just checked all of the battries, they are hitting 8.2v all 6 of them
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO