lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2021, 08:17 PM   #1
98DSGasser
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 DS Gas / Intermittent Slow/No Start then Fine

Hi,

New member, first post. First time CC owner.
98/FE290 - purchased about two months ago.

History: For a week or so, I have been sensing a hesitation on starting but wasn't sure if I were just imagining things. But tonight it stranded me for about 10 minutes before returning to a normal operation.

Here are tonight's details.

1. Cold / first start of the day - no issue. Drove out to the shop to change the oil/filter.

2. After changing the oil/filter, I started it up to run it after the oil change. I sensed a slight delay but it started up. I ran to the end of the drive, turned around and stopped to recheck the oil level.

3. 10 minutes or so later, similar slight delay but started on up. I stopped on the way up to the house to hose off engine. Then the major no start.

When I would press the Go pedal I could hear something trying to work. But it would not start up. This would occur exactly the same in F or R.

After about 10 minutes as I considered my options, to my surprise it started up with no hesitation and ran fine. Two additional start/stop/start/stop sequences - all fine.

It is dark so had to stop everything. I have been reading this forum since trying to figure it out but have only been able to check the battery voltage (12.8V) and the starter/generator belt (old but seems tight). I first thought low battery, due to a 12V sprayer had been connected to the battery overnight/all day but the battery voltage seems fine. (I now have the sprayer completely disconnected).

I will get back on it in the morning but something is definitely not right. I don't think the oil change or subsequent hosing of the engine is a contributor due to my sensing this delay for about a week now.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Steven
98DSGasser
98DSGasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car