lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
Gryphons
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 89 DS Gas - Replacement Body Options

Hi guys, I have an 89 DS gas club with a severely cracked front cowl and a rear body with cracks at most corners and large bondo repair that is falling off.

I am looking for some advice on where to source a used front cowl and rear body locally (Northern NY) and at a reasonable price.

I have been searching ebay, a myriad of sites and craigs list too. All I have seen so far is either an entire cart for thousands or a beat up body for about 100 less than a brand new Doubletake Spartan.

At this point I am seriously considering the Doubletake Spartan option. Anyone have experience with them and know what issues I might run into swapping to these (fitment issues, mounting hole locations, aftermarket dashes that will no longer fit etc)?

I wanted to keep it an original body to avoid any aftermarket dress up part fitment issues...but if I can't, I can't.

Suggestions, thoughts?
Gryphons is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2021, 06:18 PM   #2
popeye46
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 DS Gas - Replacement Body Options

I have access to ds front cowls that are in good condition some w/headlight holes some without.
popeye46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:54 PM   #3
crickel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 89 DS Gas - Replacement Body Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye46 View Post
I have access to ds front cowls that are in good condition some w/headlight holes some without.
Do you have access to any aftermarket ones(Spartan kit), or just the OEM?
crickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car