lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
thetucks
Gone Wild

Default gas in the oil

I have been trying to get this problem fixed ever since I got this cart. Its a 2001 gas club car. 6 inch lift and 22-11-10 tires. Fe290 engine.

I check the engine oil often and it has a trace of gasoline in the engine oil. I have checked the carb and the fuel pump and they both seem to be ok. The carb seems clean and the pump has no holes. The cart does run good but seems a little high on the rpms and to me seem to run a bit rough. My father in law says its just me. I checked the compression on the engine and it was 160 psi. I bought a cheap rpm guage that wraps around the sparkplug and it says I am running at around 3900rpms full throttle.

Is there any other way that gasoline can be getting in the oil? thanks in advance.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: gas in the oil

This should help you check it out

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...kcase-oil.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
thetucks
Gone Wild

Thanks rib. I did a search but never found anything. I did take the carb apart and found notheing wrong with the float or anything. I also took apart the fuel pump and it was a little dirty but no holes. I cleaned it an put it back together. Any other ideas?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
BLES
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetucks View Post
I did take the carb apart and found notheing wrong with the float or anything.
I assume you checked, but I just have to ask... did you check that the float wasn't leaking, or just how it was installed/adjusted.? I've seen carbs that looked perfect and never noticed anything wrong except the telltale clue when re-assembling it: the float is slightly heavier than it should be... leaking!

BLES
BLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
thetucks
Gone Wild

Well I ordered a brand new kawasaki carb yesterday it should be here in a few days. We will see if thats the problem. I have checked the carb and found nothing wrong but I will give all the benefit of dout and I ordered the new carb. Well have to see if thats the fix. Thanks
Old 05-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Dosent sound good.. could be a gasket
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
thetucks
Gone Wild

Well I replaced the carb with the new one and it didnt run any diferent. I did change the oil about 3 times in a row to get all the gas out and it runs much quieter now.

The next day I had an offer for the cart I could not refuse and I sold it. I went and bought my new yamaha gmax. Its the cart in my pic. Im going to put a 6 inch lift and big tires and a rear seat on as well. Thanks for all the help guys. See you in the yamaha section. thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you know if you lifted the cart that it throws off the engine oil full mark on dipstick...........drain your oil and put in 40 ozs of fresh oil and make a new mark on dipstick...............see if that helps.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car