lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2022, 12:35 PM   #1
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Determining cart value?

Thinking about selling my 1994.5 Medalist but not sure what a fair price would be since I have upgraded to 48v along with other upgrades including a Alltrax controller etc.
Is there a web site where I can input all of the upgrades and get an idea where to start or just throw a price out there and see what happens?
Thanks
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Determining cart value?

I would research in your area to see what good used carts are going for. How old and condition of your batteries makes a big difference. Looks count too. There is no magic formula for what it's worth.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
Sideways
Gone Wild

Thanks Volt, I have been looking at F/b and Craigslist but finding real carts/ads buried amongst all of the scam ads is few and far between.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:25 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

It seems like the year of cart doesn't matter. Upgrades are important and worth mentioning along with a lot of pictures (good close up pictures) and a detailed description. Stage the cart you're selling, don't take the photo in front of the neighbors trash can. Set it out in an area of high traffic and where you can keep an eye on it. Start high and you can always come down. Or use the swag theory, scientific wild *** guess! And as was stated, batteries are a major concern.

Last edited by Capt. Lenny; 08-16-2022 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is a weird market. Local CL ads for upgraded carts list carts from 4500-7500.00.
Fixer uppers were 2500.00 Resistor carts 2000.000

I need to sell one of my older R&D carts. 2010 Ezgo TXT48 with 2020 T875 batteries, on board Lester Summit, charge gauge, voltmeter, Alltrax control, HD solenoid, FN2 control, FSIP motor, disc brakes (new pads), Aftermarket wheels, light bar, bumper, DC reducer, cargo box. No rips, dents, or repairs needed.
Listed for 4500, then 4k .... crickets
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:46 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Here in Arizona, carts were hard to find this past year so used ones sold fast. This isn't the time to sell here obviously since 60% of the folks are gone.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:01 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Here in Arizona, carts were hard to find this past year so used ones sold fast. This isn't the time to sell here obviously since 60% of the folks are gone.
Are they finding that many people in Lake Mead?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:54 PM   #8
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

First impressions count! Since your cart has some upgrades make sure your battery compartment wiring is neat and tidy, nobody is impressed with a birdsnest of wiring. A little wax or color restorer goes a long way. Slap some 303 protectant on the seats. Think about what you would look at as a buyer. It will pay off!$$$
Old 08-16-2022, 03:46 PM   #9
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

I tried to sell mine a few month's back, I only had 1 person come to see visit and she low balled me... badly. I decided to just fix it up.... just needed batteries and i wanted $1,500.
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 04:23 PM   #10
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Sometimes the best move is just be happy with what you have and dump the money in that. You’ll never get your money back doing mods. Unless you’re a flipper buying really cheap and just cobbling something together to make a buck.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO