lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 RXV Curtis: Throttle wiper fault

Don't ever try to clone software from one cart manufacturer to another. It's dangerous, and could brick the controller. You have to be careful cloning from one Curtis Rxv to another Curtis Rxv, different hardware revisions and what not.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #12
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Thanks for the warning, but since the 1311 is useless on all fronts, including cloning, it doesn't appear to be happening either way.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #13
golfmaintenance
Not Yet Wild

Reviving old thread...

Did you guys ever find a solution to the throttle wiper error?

I have a 2015 RXV (former fleet car), that we now use for our golf maintenance operations. Curtis diagnostic keeps giving the throttle wiper fault. Cart will run in forward and reverse but if the pedal is pushed all the way - you must stop the cart and let it go through the restart process. At first - I was getting the "main contactor did not open/close" fault. At this time the cart would not do anything. I changed the solenoid and also the "rotary position sensor". Now I have the problem mentioned above - jerky pedal that shuts down when pressed all the way. Also the Curtis controller has annoying whine when the key is in the on position (however, I read on other posts that this is normal). Finally, we converted the cart to a utility bed and have a water hose reel permanently installed in the back. We also added heavier rear suspension. Kind of wondering if the extra weight is messing with something in the speed control (it worked fine for all of last season with this same setup). Would the resistor or bi-metal switch possible be an issue? Sorry for the rambling message....

Thanks for any help
golfmaintenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO