lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default 2013 TXT Multiple Issues

Ok, I'm still having the occasional hard start and I'm managing with that but 2 other things have popped up. One is intermittent sputtering, usually when cold it will fall on its face then buck and sputter, I leave it floored and it goes away then once going it runs fine. Until you stop and it will continue running like what we used to call dieseling. Smells lean to me but if it continues to run leads me to believe it is getting too much fuel. I'm throwing a 670 in it but need this Kawasaki 400 to run for at least a couple more months so any guidance? This thing has been pretty bullet proof other than little nuisances like this, and I can live with them, just want to make sure there isn't a simple adjustment of the governor, throttle cable, etc...that might take care of it. Still runs great when running, over 25mph.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2022, 10:57 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 TXT Multiple Issues

Have you adjusted the valves? Tune up?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
doo dah
Gone Wild

Has been tuned up with plugs, filters, and fluids. Drove it a lot last week into the weekend (3 tanks of fuel) and it does seem like a timing issue so I'll try adjusting the valves.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:55 AM   #4
doo dah
Gone Wild

Adjusted valves and still have issues with it starting, i can hear it trying but takes forever for it to kick over. However, other times it starts right up so I'm at a loss. Doesn't stall as much but still does occasionally and I'm getting weak backfires so really surprised the valve adjustment didn't work. Guess I'll just continue to tweak until I can get it home and 670 swap it, just gets nervous sitting in traffic and it doesn't want to go lol.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:39 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Have you checked the cable running from the governor to the carb to make sure it’s good and moves perfectly freely? Any stickiness at all will cause issues.

Also make sure the carb closes completely when you stop. If it’s hung open at all or out of adjustment then it’s like trying to start with the pedal to the floor wide open… it doesn’t work very well.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:01 AM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Are you talking about pushing the pedal and nothing happens ? The engine won't turn over ?
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:21 PM   #7
doo dah
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Have you checked the cable running from the governor to the carb to make sure it’s good and moves perfectly freely? Any stickiness at all will cause issues.

Also make sure the carb closes completely when you stop. If it’s hung open at all or out of adjustment then it’s like trying to start with the pedal to the floor wide open… it doesn’t work very well.
Did a visual on cable and carb operation after cleaning the carb but haven't looked at it while pressing the throttle, will try that. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2022, 03:27 PM   #8
doo dah
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Are you talking about pushing the pedal and nothing happens ? The engine won't turn over ?
Yes, behaves like the battery has low voltage but even while pushing on the pedal it only goes down to 12.1v. You can hear it trying to move the clutch and it does move slightly but won't turn over. If I pump the pedal it generally catches and turns over but recently it hasn't. No belt slip or anything so not sure if it could be the pedal switch going bad or maybe the starter/generator.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:10 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Regarding the starter/engine not turning, check your brushes in the starter gen and make sure your connections are good.

Regarding the dieseling, this is almost always caused by the carb not closing fully when you release the pedal.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:17 PM   #10
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Yes, behaves like the battery has low voltage but even while pushing on the pedal it only goes down to 12.1v. You can hear it trying to move the clutch and it does move slightly but won't turn over. If I pump the pedal it generally catches and turns over but recently it hasn't. No belt slip or anything so not sure if it could be the pedal switch going bad or maybe the starter/generator.
We had 10 of these and just about all of them eventually did what yours is doing. If you keep holding the pedal they would crank. The pedal switch was not the cause of ours.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO