lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2022, 08:54 PM   #41
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery Bluetooth BMS?

Copied from another similar thread in here:

They have said it many times, fellas; they are working on it and will release it when they are 100% satisfied with it. I know it is not impacting my life in any way by not having it yet, and I would rather have it delivered right when they do release it. I have to respect their decision to keep working on it instead of providing an early release, only to be followed by updates for bug fixes later (like so many others do).

My .02 Go enjoy Christmas and the holiday season; the app will come :)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2022, 06:45 PM   #42
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My .02 Go enjoy Christmas and the holiday season; the app will come :)
Right, Check's in the mail
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:26 PM   #43
Shanky
Not Yet Wild

Anyone get the App yet?
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:55 AM   #44
Swpmx
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSchone View Post
Hey guys this is Noah with Eco Battery. All of our 51V 72Ah and 105Ah and 70V 105Ah packs that have the ON/OFF Switch have Bluetooth built into them. The Eco Battery App is roughly 60-90 days away. We will be able to send software updates and you will be able to see a lot of different parameters and numbers through the app.
Hi, any release date updates?
Swpmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 10:37 AM   #45
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I stopped by the shop earlier this week. They have some really great stuff coming (and I have been sworn to secrecy) and the app is not at the forefront of their attention currently (they are still tweaking it and have had to make some changes due to the other changes that are coming). I am sure that it will be a nice convenience factor to have the app working so we can look around on our phones at the pack, but I personally don't really need it and do need to spend more time having fun in my cart!

The app will come-go enjoy your cart
Old 02-04-2023, 10:45 AM   #46
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I stopped by the shop earlier this week. They have some really great stuff coming (and I have been sworn to secrecy) and the app is not at the forefront of their attention currently (they are still tweaking it and have had to make some changes due to the other changes that are coming). I am sure that it will be a nice convenience factor to have the app working so we can look around on our phones at the pack, but I personally don't really need it and do need to spend more time having fun in my cart!

The app will come-go enjoy your cart
So it sounds like what your saying is this has moved to the bottom of the priority list in order to implement it in the next new product first instead.. I just hope once thats released the tune doesnt change and they dont release the app for the older packs at all because it makes more business sense to only offer it on the new pack to increase upgrade sales... In my line of work thats often how it plays out whether there is or isnt a hardware limitation preventing implementation in the older existing version. I'm not saying this to be negative but its just something ive seen from many manufacturers many times. im still waiting for a software fix for my 3 year old sony bravia they promised... meanwhile 2 newer versions of the same tv have been released with that feature working as promised on my set when I bought it. (and that wasnt even a "new" feature to be added..) All this said the eco batteries seem to be a solid product with solid support thus far.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:45 AM   #47
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess in the grand scheme of things the app is something that they want to release correctly the first time. I've seen too many apps released early, only to be followed up with patches (annoying) because they were rushed to market.

Personally, I can get all the "critical" information on my battery from the gauge and have no problem waiting for a clean release when they are ready-I believe it will all be worth the wait (First World problems, as they say!).
Old 02-04-2023, 12:01 PM   #48
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I guess in the grand scheme of things the app is something that they want to release correctly the first time. I've seen too many apps released early, only to be followed up with patches (annoying) because they were rushed to market.

Personally, I can get all the "critical" information on my battery from the gauge and have no problem waiting for a clean release when they are ready-I believe it will all be worth the wait (First World problems, as they say!).
I'll be be the devils advocate here to present another point of view.

Windows has been out for how many decades now and still has patches and updates weekly so not sure I'd want to wait for that.. there will always be needed patches/updates to to the fact that the operating systems and environments for these apps will always be changing. Even with beta testing there will be patches after release. I just had such an update for my rv battery.
Being able to actually see what's going on in the bms and being able to turn the battery on and off easily can be pretty useful especially if theres an issue.. I can se errors and the voltage of each cell from hoth my battery gauge and my app but I dont believe thats the case here.
I know eco is having thier own app developed and I don't know it's going to do something unique other than promised but it's not like these features in a bluetooth bms apps are something new or cutting edge here.. I have smart bms units on both my DIY packs.. Either way my initial point was only that I hope they still follow through and release this for the existing battery owners as well.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:14 PM   #49
rkrider1999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm with augiedoggie on the one. When I talked to the dealer back in July, they were pushing the Ecobattery because of the great Bluetooth compatibility. The apps on my Android phone are updated constantly, so there is no reason to hold it back until it's perfect. Get a simple app out there and update it as you work on it. I'd hate to see Ecobattery get a bad reputation for not having a promised app. I'm assuming that they are using a BMS from some manufacturer, and did not develop their own BMS. I think that most of the BMS manufacturers have a generic app that Ecobattery can brand and use until they put there special mojo on it.
rkrider1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:46 PM   #50
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

All fair; now my question: what are you guys missing by not having the app that you really need? And I don't think I would blame Eco for something that the dealer said or did to make a sale......

I guess I just don't see the hurry to have another app on my phone, especially if it doesn't work properly (and then they get to listen to people say how they shouldn't have rushed it, or it's a piece of crap, etc.).

I've been to the shop many times, and they are not some "rebrand" company just grabbing parts from anywhere and slapping the Eco name on it. And for the record (for those that do not know), I am a swimming pool builder and not an employee or in anyway affiliated with Eco; they are just good guys that are trying to do a good job. I personally cannot fault them for that.

Oh yeah-who still uses Windows
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car