lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2022, 03:38 PM   #21
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise II Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Went and found an old thread with the charger manual and diagnostics. With the capacitor connected the transformer should be putting out high 80s to low 90s AC. If not it is bad.
Thanks for the info. I will check it out and post results.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2022, 11:26 AM   #22
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Went and found an old thread with the charger manual and diagnostics. With the capacitor connected the transformer should be putting out high 80s to low 90s AC. If not it is bad.
I found the problem using your information. Transformer secondary voltage with diodes
disconnected measured 88 volts AC with equal voltage of 44 volts between each leg and center. I decided to check the diodes again while I had them loose. One of them checked open the other good. The failed diode had a loose top post. I reconnected everything except the one bad diode and got the exact symptom, louder than normal AC hum and low output current of a few amps. Any idea what the specs or number of the diode is? I could not read the numbers due to corrosion. I will review the manual you sent for specs. This old charger will probably be around a few more years. Thanks again kgsc!
Old 09-04-2022, 02:10 PM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Which diode assembly do you have? Is it just a barrel mounted to a board? Or an assembly?

If it is just the barrel look on the old ones and see if there is an arrow on the side
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:52 PM   #24
TxMasterBoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If the transformer isn’t making any noise the capacitor won’t matter.. Just sayin..
Just to make sure, is this the two heavy wires to jump?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4B8FC2AD-CBBE-4E53-AB76-DB2E525E3343.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
TxMasterBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:01 PM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No.. Well I don’t think so. Need a picture of the other side of the transformer. Those look like the common white wires. These would be black going into the top of the relay.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:37 PM   #26
TxMasterBoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
No.. Well I don’t think so. Need a picture of the other side of the transformer. Those look like the common white wires. These would be black going into the top of the relay.
This is what the other side looks like. Do I need to jump the relay?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DA6F1D27-5776-489A-B472-2D47A363D4A1.jpg (146.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-04-2022, 10:23 PM   #27
TxMasterBoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok, sorry I don’t always get a chance to work on my stuff with 2 babies. I jumped the relay and it started to buzz as soon as I plugged the charger into the wall. Then I plugged it into the cart and the charger showed about 20 amps. Bad relay?
Old 09-05-2022, 09:13 AM   #28
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you check for pack voltage (around 36 volts DC) between the two small wires on the relay as kscg suggested in posts #4 and 9? This voltage comes from the cart's battery pack. You can check for it without charger being plugged into AC.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:30 AM   #29
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What he said. With the charger plugged into the cart check for voltage on the small red and black wires at the top of that board. If there replace the relay board
Old 09-05-2022, 09:26 PM   #30
TxMasterBoat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
What he said. With the charger plugged into the cart check for voltage on the small red and black wires at the top of that board. If there replace the relay board
Yes I’m getting 36v there. Does the relay board give signal to the relay itself?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO