lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2022, 08:41 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G19 with alltrax controller blinking 2 red

I have one that is 7 years old and it's potted in epoxy.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2022, 08:57 PM   #12
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I have one that is 7 years old and it's potted in epoxy.
Yes you mentioned that. I never doubted that myself. But they make a lot of different models and they were all made that way. Some were made like the curtis controlled only sealed at the ends and some like the spm models weren't sealed at all.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 09:36 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Mine are both XCT 500 amp. The stock Yamaha Moric controllers are potted also.
Old 12-23-2022, 09:47 PM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Mine are both XCT 500 amp. The stock Yamaha Moric controllers are potted also.
Was the Moric made by alltrax? My stock yamaha controller is not as I've had it apart to examine the internals. I know many of the curtis controllers are only sealed at the ends. I've seen multiple curtis repair videos. As far as the Alltrax, I know the spm and axe series can be serviced.. the Sr series cannot as the one I have is potted/disposable.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:05 PM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Moric controllers are pretty piss poor - nothing like Alltrax.
Old 12-30-2022, 03:06 PM   #16
Billetbowtie
Not Yet Wild

So I almost pulled the trigger on a new controller. I figured I would give it a once over again to see if I could solve the problem. I squirted some electrical contact cleaner in the speed sensor and the cart started to work.I actually drove it around for 3 or 4 miles. If it quit working I would pop the connector apart spray some cleaner in and it would work again. Tried it today and it's not working. Shouldn't the cart work even if the speed sensor is disconnected? That's what is confusing on why it would make a difference when messing with the sensor. To troubleshoot should the sensor plug on the wiring harness have voltage? Is there a way to use a meter on the sensor to see if it is faulty? The cart doesn't have a reverse beeper so I can't use that method. Another odd thing is if the cart is in the run position the solenoid is pretty hot to the touch. Not burning hot but definitely hot.
Billetbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:41 PM   #17
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billetbowtie View Post
Shouldn't the cart work even if the speed sensor is disconnected?
My G29 with Alltrax and a bad speed sensor ran in limp mode only,
bypassing the sensor in the Toolkit software solved this temporary.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 04:29 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
So I almost pulled the trigger on a new controller. I figured I would give it a once over again to see if I could solve the problem. I squirted some electrical contact cleaner in the speed sensor and the cart started to work.I actually drove it around for 3 or 4 miles. If it quit working I would pop the connector apart spray some cleaner in and it would work again. Tried it today and it's not working. Shouldn't the cart work even if the speed sensor is disconnected? That's what is confusing on why it would make a difference when messing with the sensor. To troubleshoot should the sensor plug on the wiring harness have voltage? Is there a way to use a meter on the sensor to see if it is faulty? The cart doesn't have a reverse beeper so I can't use that method. Another odd thing is if the cart is in the run position the solenoid is pretty hot to the touch. Not burning hot but definitely hot.
Did you try replacing the solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:02 AM   #19
Billetbowtie
Not Yet Wild

I haven't replaced the solenoid. I guess I have been fixated on the controller blinking. Do you think the solenoid would have anything to do with the controller not turning green?
Billetbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 10:48 AM   #20
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
I haven't replaced the solenoid. I guess I have been fixated on the controller blinking. Do you think the solenoid would have anything to do with the controller not turning green?
Dont take this the wrong way but as others have suggested,

The first thing I would have fixated on instead of throwing random parts at it, would be finding out whats wrong by getting a laptop and usb cable.. Then downloading the free software from alltrax and plugging it in so the software could tell me whats wrong. It takes all of 5 minutes really. I did just that on my alltrax when I had flashing errors only for it to show me my voltage was dropping under load because of a poor battery cable connection.

This software and its adjustability/ diagnostics are one of the main benefits of the alltrax. might as well utilize it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha