lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2023, 02:27 PM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Team axle problems

I hope I've found the problem! Pulled the rear end, opened it up. Gears look fine. The bearing on the intermediate shaft was just a little suspect (slightly rough, but still intact). The outer race holder for that bearing had shavings still on it. Matched the bearing, got her all put back together. Now just have to reinstall the rear end back in the cart, and wait for the correct Yamalube to get here.
Hopefully this is the issue. Everything else looked good as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2023, 02:34 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good job. Hope that solves your issues.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 04:50 PM   #13
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Good job. Hope that solves your issues.
I think it has. Finally got everything back in the cart. Only drove it few feet to get it up to speed just to test. Sounded good. Waiting now for yamalube. I did coat the new bearings with gear oil, so I don't think that will hurt much. Didn't want to order the oil until I saw what was inside!
Took me about all day, but since this was something I'm not that familiar with, I took my time. Luckily a local farm supply store had the bearing. These things aren't that complicated. Could probably do the next one in a half a day.
Thanks for all the input. Glad I didn't have to look gears!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha