lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 48v light wiring diagrams

With the help of a guy I met over the internet, I(mostly he) have made a couple good diagrams for wiring up regular 12v lights in a series to a 48v battery pack. first one shows all lights wired in a series(4 x 12 = 48 ). problem is that if one goes out, they all do. Battery pack sees an even load at all batteries.

The other one shows them wired in 2 banks of 24volts((12+12=24)x2) these are wired through a double pole single throw switch. one that would have 4 terminals on the back. The good thing about this one is that if one light goes out it only takes out the other light wired with it. you will still have the other 2 to get you back to camp or whatever. That is taking for granted that you wire one head and one tail light per side. A bit more wiring but a whole lot cheaper than a reducer. The battery pack will see 48 volts under normal usage. Theis will also have an even load on the batteries.

You will still need to use fuses!!!

I hope this helps a lot of you out as this seems to get asked a lot!!

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v light wiring diagrams

Nice diagrams. That works.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
hambone
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48v light wiring diagrams

hey gents, im bones.i seen scotty b has got a melex. ive got a melex aswell. scored it from my ol ladies grandma. its an all original lemen and the axle sqeeks. were thinkin bout puttin her down!
uncle ed n whip r my speed golf partners-always returninng smiles u kn? my intentions r 2 pimp out this old cushman electric 4wh. i think ive got a good grasp on what has 2 happen 4 the cart 2 haul a** and im fortunate enough 2 have some tools and materials provided via work.
im open 2 any suggestions. my plan was 2 go w/ 48vdc 8v by 6. 2awg cable to power a d380 5hp-monster box controller.finally 2 the pumpkin we 8:1 appose 2 12:1. should work____maybe

ill leave u w/ this
'the man who does not lie 2 his woman has very little consideration 2 her feelings'
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car