lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
rickgu
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Yamaha won't start

New member here, we loaded the golf cart this morning with no problems. We get to the beach and cart won't start. We did run into some rain on the way down. Does any one have any thoughts on this. We have power to the key and battery is fully charged.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
rickgu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 Yamaha won't start

I could be as simple as the float being stuck in the carburetor and not letting in fuel. You can take something and tap on the side of the carb gently to see if that would loosen it up.

Another thought might be the fuel pump going bad. You could take the lid off the air cleaner and spray a little starting fluid in the carb to see if it would fire up for a moment with that. If it does and them shuts back off, it could indicate that the fuel pump is bad, or that the float is still stuck.

Good luck on getting it running,
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Is the fuel shutoff valve on the fuel tank closed?
Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #4
rickgu
Not Yet Wild

When I say it doesn't start it's like the peddle is dead. It won't even attempt to turn over. It's almost as if the key is off. We've check the wires to the key and it's getting juice and so is the peddle relay. I jumped the solenoid and the cart will run but we can't determine if the solenoid is bad.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
rickgu
Not Yet Wild

Or maybe it the voltage regulator going bad, I'm kinda at a loss here. It was running fine this morning when we loaded up and 4 hours later it's dead.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:59 AM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

If your getting absolutely nothing when pressing the pedal then its most likely a electrical issue. There is a good sticky at the top of the yamaha gas section that can help you troubleshoot the possible cause and where to look first.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:00 AM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Here ya go

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...turn-over.html
Old 08-30-2014, 05:33 AM   #8
rickgu
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link , I'll look into it.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #9
dbmachine
Gone Wild

That link walked me through a problem I was having with my 2010 yamaha. I would get intermittant starting. Sometimes press the pedal and start and sometimes dead as can be. When I mean starting when you press the pedal and the generator starts to turn. My problem ended up being a bad start/stop switch located under the gas pedal. Inside this switch is a small ball bearing that is spring loaded. The ball came free from the spring therefore no pressure was pressed against the ball to energize the path for the current to flow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha