lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
RangerDanger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent gearbox question

I have a club car precedent gas I got off of a friend as a trade for my blown up jet ski. it has the FE290 kawi motor and kawi rear end.

I have read a couple of posts on this but: The cart would pop out of gear while I was driving it around, not as much in reverse mainly in forward. I put a spring on the shift arm and it stopped popping out but I decided to do things right and open it up as im planning on building a offroad cart for getting into hunting sites (maybe even building a v-twin setup just as silent as the kawi)
this evening I opened up the gearbox and I don't see anything wrong with the syncros and the shift ring but the shift fork is pretty heavily worn. it has at least 1/8 inch of play in the shift ring and is grooved pretty bad. Im almost certain this is my smoking gun, does this sound right to any of you? the syncro teeth are still sharp and don't show much wear if any.
RangerDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
RangerDanger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent gearbox question

I used my TIG today and built up the low areas on the shift fork and reassembled the gearbox. Works like new, no more popping out of gear.

Just in case anyone was wondering, you can flip the axle to the other side of the leaf springs for a few inches of lift in the rear for free and there is enough threads on the factory u-bolts to put a lift block in (square tubing works as long as you make a locating pin). the only time consuming part is turning the axle tubes so the leaf spring perch is on top, and swapping all the brake components from one side to the other since the cable relocates. I could probably do a separate thread on the axle flip if it is wanted.
RangerDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car