lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
SkaterMike82
Not Yet Wild

Default Gear set/ wheels

I went to a local shop today as I want to increase the top speed on my EZGO TXT. Because my cart is 2004, the freedom plug does not work. I was told that one of if not the most economical way is by the changing my gear set to 6:1 ratio. Right now the cart is stock with just a lift kit and I'm seeing 14 mph. What kind of the numbers do yall think I would being seeing. The shop told me mid 20's. Does that sound about right ? They told me I would lose on torque and getting up to go but once rolling to the top speed would be as mentioned mid 20's. If I didn't want to lose torque, to upgrade the controller but if i decide to do that, that will wait.

Also want to get wheels. Some people tell me bigger tires faster some say the opposite. Due to the fact that I have a lift kit it would only look right if I go with somewhat aggresive tires but I know I would like to go with 14". Would that affect my top speed or help it. Would the 12" be faster that it's noticeable ?

Also what online store do yall recommended to buy the gear set. My local shop wants $669 and i found the same one online on Buggiesunlimited for $382. Where should I look.

Thank in advance for the help.
SkaterMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #2
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think you're about to drop $1000 in a cart that won't go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Gear set/ wheels

You will lose torque and lots of it. 8:1 a little better. I would go larger tires first.
You can find gear sets if u go that route with site sponsors. And plan to buy a higher amp controller. My 22 got me to 23 on a good charge
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
SkaterMike82
Not Yet Wild

And why is that 270Handieman
SkaterMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

First of all....what specific cart do you have? Is it a series or sepex drive? What voltage is it? It is an electric cart, right?

Having a taller final drive will definitely increase the top speed, but your putting a huge strain on the drive system just to get it moving.
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car