lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #1
goutieboy
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo ??

new here so thankx for adding me...got an older ezgo marathon cart...engine is a 1pg{2cycle} nice first cart..least I think so, but don't know much and have a lot to learn. my question is it runs good but doesn't wana go up an incline very good..what can be done etc. also been told engine is not easy to find parts for, can I if needed put a different engine ..where do I look for these answers? thank you all...enjoy reading all the posts on this forum.
goutieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
my1423
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo ??

Can you post any pictures?
Does it have a separate starter generator run off a belt or built into the engine.
If internal your points may need adjusting.
Do you know the model or year? Look at the vin tag on the right side and the year is burried in it. There is a thread to decode it.
Can you do a compression test? Tell the state of the rings ect.
Check the the air filter. If its dirty that can rob power.
Check the width of the belt. Worn down can prevent it from getting low gear.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:06 AM   #3
goutieboy
Not Yet Wild

it does not have a separate generator,year and numbers come back as a 93 electric cart,(its not) local shop did comp test said all good there. Belt and air filter seem good to me....how do I check the points on this thing? I talked to vegas carts and sent them pics, they said its a 1pg,has internal generator and to enjoy it til it croaks lol...im ok with what I have it just need a lil more low end for me...not sure how to post pics but I can email em to someone.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:06 AM   #4
goutieboy
Not Yet Wild

is it possible to put a snow mobile engine in this??? does the rear end have to be changed etc??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO