lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
bamachem
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default HD Rear Springs Installed - 2.5" of lift

I've read a few posts here that said there was basically no lift with HD springs.

If they have the same bend radius as the OEM springs, but they have a higher spring rate, then it only reasonable to understand that they will lift the rear of the cart.

The question is by how much?

Well, I started with some bent standard duty springs in the rear of my 2004 DS IQ. I have a rear seat and a 4" Jake's lift. The rear has blocks, so the axle now has a 4" lever arm to bend the springs. Here's a pic of the springs I took off. They looked worse under load under the cart.

I started with a measurement of 24.5" from floor to fender opening on the rear. That's with the 4" block lift and 22x11x10 tires. I have (6) 8v batteries and a small 12v lawn & garden battery, plus the onboard charger and rear seat, so a decent amount of static weight.

I ordered some Heavy Duty rear leafs from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pic on amazon CLEARLY shows 2 leafs with an overload leaf. I received a set that had 3 leafs plus the overload. I have read about how stiff those were so I broke them down and removed the shortest arched leaf, replacing the overload leaf back in the pack. That way I would have two leafs and a overload.

I broke out the tools and it took me about 25 minutes to do the first side, and about 10 minutes to do the other side.

The results? 27" floor to fender. A solid 2.5" of lift from the old bent springs! Not bad at all!

I tested it out and like the ride better than the original springs. The original springs were bottoming out the shocks on large bumps, so these helped out a lot. It also leveled out the cart for a good stance. Two people in the back and it still has support, but not too rough when unloaded.

Just right!

Here's what I ended up with

bamachem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: HD Rear Springs Installed - 2.5" of lift

And they came from Golf Cart King (a site sponsor).

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car