lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
codydegelia
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 marathon wont start

Hey guys, new to the forum and working on golf carts. Bought my clunker marathon for cheap. A few weeks ago, I was backing up, and didn't let off the pedal all the way before switching to drive. (I know, rookie mistake) anyway, I read the first thing to go when you do that is the voltage regular. Ordered one on amzon and replaced it and one of the wires to the solenoid. Now it wont spin the starter / generator. The battery is charged, and the starter generator will spin if a jumper from the battery is ran to the correct post on the shifter. Would one of the micro switches or the solenoid be to blame? Any help, or test procedures would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
codydegelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 90 marathon wont start

I'm assuming that this is a 3-pg 2 stroke with one spark plug on top.

If so, this is your wiring diagram. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...n-retrofit.jpg

See if you attached all of the wires when replacing the voltage regulator.

Check the fuse. It's in a black plastic holder wired from the hot side of the large lug of the solenoid to the key switch.

You can test your solenoid by jumping the 2 small terminals directly to the battery. One of those should already be attached to ground. The other one is attached to the key switch, the pedal switch, and the neutral safety switch. Connect that terminal directly to the positive terminal of the battery.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO