lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default no spark!

hey everyone. i know there are a few guys here who run sled engines in their carts... my problem is that there is no spark on my engine.. the engine i have is out of a 76 arctic cat panther 5000. this engine is a 500cc spirit engine cdi. i have no spark... and i dont know why... it was running and then died on me.. and wouldnt restart... i checked the engine and it is producing electricity when turning it over but no spark... help please!!!!
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: no spark!

That sounds like a question for "rifter"
I'll see if I can get his attention for you, but it may take a day or so!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: no spark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad92Silverado View Post
hey everyone. i know there are a few guys here who run sled engines in their carts... my problem is that there is no spark on my engine.. the engine i have is out of a 76 arctic cat panther 5000. this engine is a 500cc spirit engine cdi. i have no spark... and i dont know why... it was running and then died on me.. and wouldnt restart... i checked the engine and it is producing electricity when turning it over but no spark... help please!!!!
You are producing electricity? Have you tried new spark plugs? '75 probably has points in the ignition. If the points gap closed up, it would produce minimal spark, but not enough to run...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

That makes sense DS...

But, just in case...
I sent rifter a PM...
In the mean time, watch his videos!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/video...ted-video.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks for helpin me out guys... i dont know.. there is no voltage coming out of the CDI... so i dont know whats going on.. i ordered a new cdi and will try that on friday.. but i borrowed one out of a junk sled and that didnt work.. so i didnt know what else it could be... any ideas will be great... thanks DS and lockman for your thoughts and use of resources!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
mikeshotrodshop
Gone Wild

I'd agree with the pionts. You may want to check the gap and for corrosion. With a back contact you wont get coil saturation.
mikeshotrodshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
wamp98
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have an arctic cat sled engine in my ezgo, and if you used the stock wiring harness with stock kill switch, check that. They quit working often. Just cut the switch off and hard wire it together or replace it with a toggle switch. Just a thought.
wamp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

It could be the Kill switch, they go to ground and you will not get it to fire. I changed mine over to a toggle switch too. My snowmobile engine is an older Yamaha 433 Enticer, it has Magnetos and points. If I could look at it I might be able to see something, but I would just look close at the wiring, make sure nothing got rubbed to make it ground out.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

i have eliminated the kill switch completely and it didnt have one when it was running so i know that isnt the problem. if i put in a toggle switch... i have 3 wires running to the switch... brown- ground... black-hot... and green is like the aux power... so should i hook up the black and green to the one pole and the brown to the other pole?.. ill try this first... does any one have the specs for the points of this engine? or where i can go to get all the specs for everything!?

Tags
arctic cat, engine, snowmobile, spark, swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car