lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #1
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 6.5" Speaker and radio location????

Looking at putting a stereo on new G29. Wanting 2 or 4 x 6.5" speakers. Was gonna use a little blue tooth marine amp if I could get by with it. Not opposed to head unit and amp. Looking at ideas for LOCATIONS and options for speakers and radios. THANKS. Love my Yamaha but seems to have less radio options than the EZ-Go's. Trying to keep $300-$400. THANKS AGAIN
gdbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #2
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Default Re: G29 6.5" Speaker and radio location????

I'm going to install this on the weekend. Plan is to put the speakers on either side of the shifter and the amp/Bluetooth receiver I'm hoping to put in place of one of the cup holders as it is almost the same diameter. Mine is a g16 so different dash but i will share how it turns out and hopefully it helps. It was cheap on Amazon and I'm prepared for it to sound cheap but figure I can upgrade to better speakers after.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
mattrourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

wanting this blue tooth amp:
https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-11775...+bluetooth+amp

and these speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB...rds=polk+db651

Or some speaker pods if I can figure out which ones are good. Would just like to hear some peoples ideas and what they have. THANKS for replies
Old 01-24-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

had also looked at these but need to mount on round tubing instead of square. Would have to fab something up. Just curious as to what they'd sound like. Not familiar with that brand.

https://www.amazon.com/NOAM-NUTV4-Qu...F+utv+speakers
Old 01-24-2019, 07:01 PM   #5
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbunn View Post
had also looked at these but need to mount on round tubing instead of square. Would have to fab something up. Just curious as to what they'd sound like. Not familiar with that brand.

https://www.amazon.com/NOAM-NUTV4-Qu...F+utv+speakers
I had something like this at first and it was pretty tinny sound. No low frequency. Went to the 6.5s for that reason. But i haven't used this exact one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
mattrourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:15 PM   #6
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

it all depends where you want them. Not sure why people keep saying less options. you can get the pods that mount in corners above feet. you can get glove box mounts. about 5 different dashes that have various speaker mounts. top mounts. you could do like boat/side x side speakers mounted on the roof supports. a lot of us cut out on each side of F/R lever as mentioned. What would you like?
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:03 PM   #7
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

What glove box speaker mounts are you talking about?
Old 01-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #8
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

I can’t find the pods that mount in corners above feet for the Yamaha either.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #9
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

Don’t really want to cut on the plastic beside then F/R lever. So somewhere around dash preferably or higher.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #10
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you dont find anyone selling the kick panel pods at the moment. Any that are flat backed work just fine. The floor is flat. And there is just barely a light curve on the side. Even the universal ones are a nice fit. Here are a couple of the easy to find everywhere dashes.if if you dont like them. You can get the cheap dash cover that has just doors over gloveboxes that you can just cut yourself. As for roof mounted, the first site I looked at had 18 different styles so im sure you have seen them. Also. You can just shove the speaker in the dash with the lip catching the edges. It looks good too. A member here has done it. Can't find the thread at the moment761742822608416eb9b40d341cc9196c.jpegYamaha-Drive.jpegYDR-DASH--2.jpegYDR-DASH-1pc--2.jpeg

Sent from my LG V35 using Tapatalk
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha