lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #11
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo transaxle and engine alignment....

Did you get your clutch parts installed yet for that ceremonial trip around the house ?

Mine is puffing a little bit of oil. Pulled the plugs and both have soot on them. Next thing I know the motor is sitting on the bench and getting taken apart.

Cylinders still have a hint of cross hatch in them.........haven't pulled the pistons out.... My first tear down on any motor so I'm in unchartered waters. Machine has 2750 hours. Amazed the hour meter still works.

Is it fair to say that rings and a gasket set would cut it ? Don't want to do this twice...

Been looking at stake beds too for the 2007. This had a cab on it. Maybe removable stakes.

Still need to buy a valve lap tool and a torque wrench.....
Blind Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #12
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yup... got it put together and working good so far. Adjusted it to top out at 15mph and it’s running strong. Working on the bed now and set a box on it temporarily. Went a little aggressive on the rear tires but I’ll use it exclusively on the farm so it’ll be fine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72056596-1A64-4B97-BF45-288138E36763.jpg (150.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 21233B78-491E-4774-BA12-A0DEBBBAB9B9.jpg (182.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3B11AEB6-A6EC-426A-9CC3-4F8BC4A17D21.jpg (191.5 KB, 0 views)
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:36 AM   #13
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you’re gonna pull it apart... really light honing just to set the new rings and a valve job... chances are, you may just have bad valve seals that are lettin in a little oil. I’d set the valves check the compression and if the engine isn’t leaking any oil and has good compression... I’d just give it a quick valve job, new valve seals and go with it
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:58 AM   #14
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just found the your thread on the 2002 Refresher motor build so I've been reading that also.
I'm going to try for new rings,valves and a gasket set from a sponsor here.

The tires are great. Too much lug on the tires and motor struggles to spin it with mud on it and too little lug won't get you out..

Sounds like this could be your new favorite farm implement.

Might want to change the transaxle oil ( 2 quarts ) since you've gone this far. A little piece of mind . Easy to do.

The bed will change with the usage of the cart and that's the fun of it. Let the metal chips and sawdust fly.
Blind Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO