lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G16-Clutch and Secondary Clutch setups

Here is a great explanation of how cvt clutches work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEvBGT8twM
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #12
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

The spring looks like it was Black. I spoke to the guy from Vegas Parts today and he seems to think my cart is running as it should. He said it was normal to have a lag time from idle 1100 rpms to about 1300-1500 rpms until the cart starts to move.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa1.jpg (318.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg aaa2.jpg (286.4 KB, 0 views)
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:28 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hey, the good news is that you already have the "clip eliminator spacer" on there now.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:24 AM   #14
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It looks like the belt is sitting a little low in the secondary. Could the belt be too tight right now?
Old 06-10-2020, 06:26 AM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Not sure if you saw this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
This is exactly the way it's supposed to work. What rpm is the primary clutch starting to close? Should be around 1800.

If the secondary is all stock and in good condition, if the primary clutch is new, and belt is new, you should have the primary clutch closing at 1800 and full shift should be around 3200-3500 rpm or so loaded. Full shift is when the primary clutch is fully closed and belt is riding up to the top, and secondary clutch it fully open with the belt riding all the way down in the sheaves. Most 4 stroke golf carts will be set up this way.

If the secondary clutch is a "cut" or "machined" or "heavy duty" aftermarket type, the angle of the sheaves will be different than stock and will change the full shift rpm and characteristics of the shift.

If the secondary spring is larger than stock, the full shift rpm will change, and the "low gear" will hold longer. Sometimes a HD spring will cause full shift to be 4000-4500 rpm, which is screaming.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:38 PM   #16
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

not until today. I am not sure why I didn't see it yesterday. Actually I thought the belt was a little loose. I dont think it has ever sat any higher than this in the secondary. Is this a problem?
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha