lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #11
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Pending Riot Kit Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrich100 View Post
My late response- Have a '06 G22 that had been stretched and I needed to add more power over stock.
Went with Don's Riot Kit and installed in February and am perfectly happy with the upgrade. The cart will hit 27mph with 5 people in it which is more than I really need (3" lift and 22" tires).
Don spent the better part of an hour over a couple of phone calls helping me through an issue on installation (my fault) and stayed with me to make sure the profiles for the controller fit my needs. Unbelievable support- felt like he was right there with me in the garage talking me through things.
I ended up buying a lift kit from him and the tires/wheels he recommended. Maybe I could have found better prices for some of the components, but the customer service he provided was invaluable. I won't hesitate to purchase from him again.
Thanks for the feedback, Man. Yeah, I plan on getting this done in the next week or so. I will post up with results as soon as I can.
gable74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #12
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Haven't pulled the trigger yet . I finally got my last trail cut through the property and sure enough, there is one hill the cart will not make it up. I was holding off on the purchase until I was sure I needed it. Now I know I do.

Talked to Don a couple times since my last post and he has been very helpful. I am torn between him and Plum Quick.

Don seems to offer a more complete kit.
Plum offers a higher HP motor, if that matters.
Don doesn't advertise a TQ % increase.
Plum says 70% over stock.
I have a lot of hills on my property.
My cart has a rear seat and lift kit.
I don't care about top speed.

I only want to do this once and want reliability with the maximum torque increase I can get.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:45 PM   #13
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Placed my order with Don today. Can't wait to get it installed!
Old 01-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gable74 View Post
Placed my order with Don today. Can't wait to get it installed!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #15
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Got it installed today. Decided to upgrade from (4) 12v batteries to (6) 8v batteries while I was at it. Local place had a sale on the Trojan T875's.
Everything went pretty smooth with the install. There were a few very minor things that could have been more detailed on the instructions but a quick text or two to Don and I was good to go.

Cart is way more responsive and feels faster at part throttle than it did a full throttle before. Small taps of the pedal caused the 23" tires to spin free quite easily. Great service, great product, and I cant wait till I can open this thing up and have some fun.

Total install time including the battery swap was probably about 5hrs. Wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier but I am glad I finally did.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:51 PM   #16
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Awesome, and nice upgrade with the 8v batts.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:10 PM   #17
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Tested it out with one of my troublesome hills today. This pic is a little deceiving, I am standing at the bottom, so its a little steeper than it looks in the pic. The cart took this hill with no problem. With the stock motor, it wouldn't make it more than a couple feet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210117_144530.jpg (691.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-18-2021, 01:40 PM   #18
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Sweet
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha