lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Help with sentry dash install

I am in the process of installing a Doubletake dash on my g29 yamaha. The cart has turn signals and trying to figure out a clean way to route the wiring from the turn signal control to the dash. It was easy when I did it on my Clubcar but not so easy now. I guess it's obvious I have to drill a hole in the dash but just wanted some guidance. Thanks in advance.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2020, 09:10 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help with sentry dash install

Just finished this cart with DT dash. I opened up the steering shaft hole to align with the raised portion of the column/cable cover. This does not show the detail
that you need. I needed to do this on a DT dash for a Precedent as well.

You need this part to hide the cable to the dash from turn signal. Should be in your light kit from DT
https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Signal-C...1690360&sr=8-2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200917_142026968.jpg (238.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash Column Cover Notch.jpg (307.3 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:19 AM   #3
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. Not the best at these things but looks simple enough. Love the dash.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #4
jstandfest
Not Yet Wild

Hello RickyM,

I'm looking at replacement dash's for my G29 Electric and had a couple questions. Is the Doubletake sentry a whole new dash or does it make use of the existing dash and is essentially a trim piece over top of existing dash the same way the Rhox replacement dash model does? Can you post a few pictures of your finished product?

Thanks!
jstandfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #5
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Sorry for the late reply and you have probably already figured it out but it's a whole dash replacement. haven't been on this forum for a couple of months.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #6
cyberphox
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am awaiting delivery of my 2010 Yamaha G29 electric and have so many ideas on what to do it, including dash options. Was wondering if this dash or others could actually be installed as I've seen people talk about it but not actually seen a pic with it installed.
cyberphox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #7
jstandfest
Not Yet Wild

Can't help you with installed pic but I did take delivery of this dash for my 2009 G29. Waiting to get my body back from being repainted before I install the dash. I can say it looks a lot nicer than the stock dash.
jstandfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #8
cyberphox
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Awesome! Hope to see some pics when you get it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstandfest View Post
Can't help you with installed pic but I did take delivery of this dash for my 2009 G29. Waiting to get my body back from being repainted before I install the dash. I can say it looks a lot nicer than the stock dash.
cyberphox is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha