lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2021, 02:03 PM   #1
alarorally
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha 2012 48V - Start and stop - PROBLEM!!

Hi from Spain

I have a problem with a 2012 Yamaha G29 YDREX2 48v.

The batteries are apparently fine, they give correct voltage

If I step on the throttle all the way the car jumps and stops, then the car does nothing and you have to move the RUN / TOWN / RUN switch and the solenoid clicks again.

If I step on the accelerator too little the cart works well. Once in motion, if you press the pedal all the way down there is no problem, it only stops starting with the pedal fully.

Failure happens sometimes if sometimes not.

Could it be a fault with the throttle sensor? Or was it a controller failure?

I wait for answers, I will be very grateful
Thank you from Mallorca, Spain
alarorally is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha 2012 48V - Start and stop - PROBLEM!!

Lift rear of cart...when it stops running tap motor cap with a hammer and try again, sounds to me like you motor brushes are either sticking or worn out...if tapping it with hammer helps issue its almost a sure sign you need motor work..This could also easily be a solenoid not fully engaging but the motor tap is a simple test...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:05 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Carefully check all battery connections to see that they are clean and tight. Could be a failing solenoid or worn out motor brushes. I just bought a 2009 with a dead motor - the brushes were completely worn down so that they did not make contact with the armature anymore. You can replace the brushes if the commutator isn't trashed. The stock motors are not very robust.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I actually think the batteries look good at rest, but act bad when required to do work. Plug your test leads into the charge port & watch voltage when driving, I bet when you press the gas enough to make the cart quit, the voltage is dropping well below 42.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:34 PM   #5
alarorally
Not Yet Wild

Hello, today I was doing tests and I leave these videos here so that you can see the voltage drop that I have when I accelerate. Before doing the tests, I have cleaned all the cables and battery terminals and checked the water level.

In the first test with the car lifted from the rear wheels. The voltage at rest was 46V, and while accelerating it dropped to 28V and 29V.

In the second test with the car on the ground and accelerating to start the voltage dropped to 0V and the car stopped. When the pedal was released, the voltage returned to 42 / 43V.

The videos are on Youtube with the following name:

Yamaha G29 48 Volt - Voltage Fail

The batteries appear to be dead even though they give good voltage at rest.

What do you think ?

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-18-2021, 01:36 PM   #6
alarorally
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I actually think the batteries look good at rest, but act bad when required to do work. Plug your test leads into the charge port & watch voltage when driving, I bet when you press the gas enough to make the cart quit, the voltage is dropping well below 42.

Hello, I have explained the symptoms and left the title of some videos on youtube about my problem.
I hope you can take a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot
Old 01-18-2021, 03:40 PM   #7
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It sounds like dead batteries but the fact it drops to zero is odd. Normally they would just drop low. I am not sure about this. It almost sounds like a wire problem as well.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:53 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

28-29 is horrible, bad battery/batteries. I know it sucks, but that's how it goes. Like I said, good batteries dont go below 42.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha