lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Converting from 4-12V to 6-8V Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

8v Trojan T-145, L-10 3/8 W-7 1/8 H-11 5/8 ...
12v Trojan T-1275, L-12 7/8 W-7 1/8 H-11 7/8 ...
Thanks, scottyb

Not enough room for what I had in mind. But with a cut here & brace there, you could pack in those new 8-volt batteries.
GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #12
driver33b
Getting Wild

Club Car

The Precedent has a tub like one piece plastic battery container.... 6x8v will not fit because all the electronic gear is mounted in the middle and covered with a waterproof plastic cover..... the modification is not that big a deal....I think the tub would take the extra weight OK....there may be some sealing to do around the batts..... securing them also should just be an ad-hoc thing. Getting them in there WILL be a squeeze!

driver33b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #13
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver33b View Post
The Precedent has a tub like one piece plastic battery container.... 6x8v will not fit because all the electronic gear is mounted in the middle and covered with a waterproof plastic cover..... the modification is not that big a deal....I think the tub would take the extra weight OK....there may be some sealing to do around the batts..... securing them also should just be an ad-hoc thing. Getting them in there WILL be a squeeze!

Where there is a will there is always a way. And driver33b has just showed us the way.

Good job d33b: There you go guys. It can’t get any better or cheaper than that. thumbup:
Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Excellent post, driver
It looks like they are not gonna fit in the tub? THe tub is tapered? What is the final decision on the Batteries fitting in tub?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #15
driver33b
Getting Wild

Club Car

I haven't bitten the bullet yet....but am leaning towards cutting in the 6x8v Tub is tappered and has strengthening 'ribs' within its form.....the 2 sideways batts actually will locate towards the outside of the tub to fit between a rib and the corner....batt will only protrude 1/2" or so on tub floor.

I guess Club Car were just going by parts books REF the cost of changing from 12v to 8v batts.

I couldn't understand the 48v being different thing....but then again I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer

IF I go ahead with it I'll do a punch by punch info.

Last edited by driver33b; 08-16-2009 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: Spelling and addition info.
driver33b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #16
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver33b View Post

Look at the bottom drawing. See where the red out line over lays the angle sides of the box? You just trim that out & still have plenty of support for the battery box.

Sorry, D33b you got your post out first. But at least we are on the same page.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #17
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtuit60 View Post
When I buy new batteries, can I convert my 2006 CC DS to six 8 volt batteries? It now has four 12 volts. Would it require anything other than additional wiring for the two additional batteries or would the OBC be confused? From what Scottyb and others have said, you seem to get more run time on the 6 battery configuration.
If you're not really using your rear tray, mount 2-8 volts there along with 4-8 volts in the tub and just get longer cables to reach them. No fuss-no muss.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car